The Maknae

*June 2011*

*June 2011*

Talking on the phone with Mimie was already a part of the hyung's evening routine when Jungkook finally moved in to the Bangtan Dorm. After getting home from the music or practice studios, Yoongi would cook dinner for them and Joon would call Mimie. Sometimes Yoongi and Hoseok would join him. Usually, Jin would go home at that point of the evening, having only interacted with the Mimie a handful of times and too polite to intrude on the limited time RM got with her. He didn't exactly understand the dynamic but he respected it. After-all, he didn't know what it felt like to have a little sister.

JK's first night at the dorm, the members had been so distracted by him that they missed their usual time for Mimie to call. Jungkook had turned up maybe half an hour after they'd gotten home from the studio. Yoongi was busy cooking, Hoseok was in the shower, leaving Namjoon, who was half-dressed, to answer the door when it went.

"You forgot, didn't you?" their manager sighed, assessing the rapper's state of undress.

"Huh?" Joon blinked

"The new member?"

"... I didn't forget," Joon blatantly lied, shifting under the manager's heavy stare

"You're not dressed," he deadpanned and a sheepish smile escaped Joon.

"Namjoon-ah," Yoongi tutted, handing the younger a t-shirt and pulling him out of the doorway so their manager could come inside.

"Boys, you remember Jungkook," the man announced, gesturing to the small boy staring back at them with the biggest eyes Joon had ever seen. He looked so young and small. Namjoon could hardly believe his parents had allowed him to audition, let alone sign into a group.

"Of course, it's great to have you with us, I'm Namjoon," the leader greeted with a gentle smile, sincere but not too intense. Jungkook's focus, however, was not on Namjoon's face, "You sing and dance right? I've seen you perform, you're a great performer!"

"Woah, thighs..." the young boy muttered to himself. Namjoon caught it though and blinked back, fighting a chuckle.

"What?"

"Sorry, I meant hi, I'm Jungkook, I'm new. I'm really excited to be here. I think you guys are so cool,"

Noticing the way the young boy fiddled with his sleeves and avoided eye contact, Yoongi took pity on him, bringing the saucepan to the centre of the table. Joon grabbed an extra bowl and cutlery, knowing the manager wouldn't be sticking around.

"You eat Kimchi stew Jungkook?" Yoongi questioned, smiling kindly at the nervous kid.

"Of course... I eat anything," Jungkook practically burst back, staring at the pot with even bigger eyes than before.