Busted

"My parents are getting divorced

"My parents are getting divorced."

"Eomma, what are you doing here?" Jungkook immediately asked after the door of Sihyuk-nim's office closed. Before replying, she captured his face in her hands again, a familiar act of affection that she'd done since the day he was born, all tiny and screaming and red-faced and squishy cheeked.

"Can't I visit my son?" she taunted playfully, stroking over the soft skin of his cheeks with both thumbs.

"You can, you just usually call first," he mumbled, not wanting to give off the impression that he wasn't happy to see her whilst still implying that he was prepared for the impending news. He looked down at her slightly forced smile and it hurt to see. The tiredness on her face and the way her shoulders hung low confirmed that this wasn't just any visit.

"Aish," she exhaled, with a bitter laugh, sitting deep into the chair and pulling him by the hand to sit beside her "I never could hide things from you, Nae Namja,"

Sighing again, Jungkook's mother gathered her thoughts before speaking. She hated having to be the one to deliver the news, but hearing it from his father would cause Jungkook more pain than her doing it. It was worse because Kookie was looking at her with those big brown eyes he'd inherited from his father, reminding her of the man she loved and gave her life to. He was nothing like his father at that moment though, because although the eyes were the same, Jungkook's carried a softness his father had never had. There was patience and comfort in the younger man's eyes; it was hard not to burst with the pride she carried for the man he'd become. His brother hadn't been so composed with her. Of course, she knew it hadn't been their influence that handmade Jungkook so considerate- she had the members to thank for that.

"Before anything, you need to know that neither you nor Junghyun has in any way caused this and your father and I love you the same and we're so proud of you." She began cryptically, "No matter what, no matter where we are or how we feel about each other- you boys always come first.

The admission felt heavy in Jungkook's mouth. He could feel his heart rate rising as he returned to avoiding Mimie's gaze. They seemed to be playing a game of cat and mouse with each other and Jungkook felt like he was losing. The second he'd said the words he had wanted to take them back. Mimie was not the person to be having this conversation with- this was something to talk to the members about. They knew him, they understood him better than she ever could. This was Mimie for god sake. She was more likely to store the information as ammunition to taunt him with later. God, he was a sucker. One tiny show of kindness and he was spilling all his secrets to her. Not looking at her was the safest way to protect himself from doing any more damage. This never happened with his hyungs and they were always nice to him, so what was so different? Was this because she was a girl? Clearly, in the past, he had avoided girls for a reason- for this reason. A girl smiles at him and he'll do anything for them apparently.