Honesty

Joon wanted to cycle to the bowling alley but Mimie convinced him to take one of the private cars because she had a skirt on

Joon wanted to cycle to the bowling alley but Mimie convinced him to take one of the private cars because she had a skirt on. He pointed out that she didn't even need to come but she felt she didn't particularly want to part ways whilst he was still so annoyed at her, so she followed him anyway. It wasn't unusual of her to follow him regardless of invitation anyway, that was how she'd wormed her way into his heart in the first place. However, driving meant they arrived at the bowling alley much faster than she had prepared for. She sort of hid behind Joon as they found their way across the empty bowling alley to where the other members were deeply engrossed in their game. There was literally no reason for her to be nervous and yet she was hardly breathing.

"Hyungie," Tae spotted the leader first, forgetting the ball that was rolling towards the pins and throwing himself at Namjoon. Anyone would have thought the boys hadn't seen each other for weeks from the way they greeted each other.

"I thought you had plans?" Hobi queried before finally spotting Mimie behind him and realising who they'd been ditched for and falling into giggles as he revealed her presence to the others by pulling her out from behind Joon. As ever, she was welcomed warmly into the group, so why was she so nervous? They hung out all the time, she was friends with all of them, why did she feel like a newcomer?

"I did, but JK wanted us all together." Jk shot Mimie a look at Joon's revelation, "Apparently he has something to tell me, right Mimie-ah?"

"Uh, Jungkook-ssi?" she passed the focus almost immediately.

After a few vacant blinks between his hyungs, JK's eyes found Mimie's again and she gave an encouraging look. He hadn't pictured her being there when he planned on telling the others, but truthfully he felt better knowing there was someone there who already knew a lot of the details and could help field some of the questions. It was the same sort of relief as going to an interview with all seven of them rather than by himself.

None of the members rushed him, they just sat patiently for the couple minutes it took for JK to gather his thoughts.

"I do actually, have something to tell you," he finally began, pulling nervously at his sleeves bracing himself for the queries about his feelings that would no doubt come. "All of you, actually. You're going to be upset with me because I didn't tell you before but, try to understand that I was dealing with it in my own way."

"What's going on, Jungkook-ah?" Jin encouraged, his face painted with concern, eyes darting to assess the maknae's physical health.

"It's probably easier if I just start from the beginning and get it out all at once, you know?"

"You all know my appa used to smoke," the youngest began, pulling on his hoodie sleeves and picking at the loose threads. "A while back he was- uhh- diagnosed with lung cancer." it came out mumbled and quiet and awkward but finally it was out. The hardest part was done.