95-liner

Hana's flat became Mimie's respite from the world for the rest of the week before she finally crawled home with her tail tucked between her legs. Just the thought of telling her parents she'd been fired felt like her hangover was hitting her all over again. She knew exactly what they would say... she'd end up behind a desk in some dead-end office job by the end of the week. in fact, Mimie wouldn't be surprised if her mother already had her enrolled in night school to get her law degree by the time she got home.

"I don't wanna go," she whined, dramatically clinging to the front door frame of Hana's apartment.

"You can't hide here forever," Hana replied, equally as committed to prying Mimie's fingers from the woodwork. "You have to face them sometime."

"I'll do it tomorrow, please-,"

"No, you won't. We've spent days wallowing. Now it's time to move forward."

Knowing her unnie was right, Mimie relented. Releasing her grip and allowing Hana to tug her clear of the doorway. Now that she was cooperating, Hana was much more empathetic, tucking loose hair strands from Mimie's face and giving her a gentle smile.

"It's going to be ok," she assured and Mimie wanted to believe her.

Both girls were grateful for the radio on the drive back to Mimie's house. It gave Mimie a moment alone to gather her thoughts and think of the best way to break the news to her parents. Still, it took a few moments for Mimie to build up the courage to climb out of the car when they were parked up outside her house.

"Sarangi," Hana called Mimie softly, almost inaudible over the radio. Almost. "Love you,"

"Love you too," Mimie chuffed back in amusement, finally reaching for the door handle now that she was smiling.

"Hello," Mimie called out, pushing her front door closed behind her. Being a weekend, she couldn't be sure whether her parents were going to be home; secretly she was hoping they weren't just so she could plan her words for longer.

"Moo Moo!" A feminine squeal overwhelmed Mimie's ears just moments before a body flew into her. The voice, the enthusiasm, the scent. Mimie knew this person very well.

"Unnie!" she cheered back, hugging her older sister close to her and allowing her problems to drift to the back of her mind.

"I've missed you so much Moo Moo," The distance really had done wonders for the sisters' relationship.

"Appa's told me all about your new job, and I've invited Namjoon for dinner to thank him for looking after you so well," Minseo burst, linking her arm with Hyemi and leading her to the kitchen where their parents were waiting with lunch prepared.

"Actually, about that... Wait... you invited Joonie for dinner?" Mimie questioned belatedly, struggling to keep up with all the surprises. "And he agreed?"