Acquainted

*2017*

*2017*

"I shouldn't be here," Hyemi mumbled to herself, walking into the party, trying not to wobble on the heels Namjoon had gifted her. She had no business walking into a place like this, except for the invitation in her pocket and the fact the venue had been privately hired. She was completely out of her depth and as if she were actually drowning, her chest tightened and her breathing became a little laboured. It was nice of Joonie to invite her, but she shouldn't have come. It wasn't like she knew anyone here, Uncle Sihyuk wasn't even going to be around.

"I should have asked if I could bring Hana," Feeling sweat rising, Mimie's eyes darted around for a familiar face or maybe the bar. She could only pray they wouldn't ask to check her I.D. Everyone seemed to have a drink in their hand but Mimie couldn't spot the bar, for the life of her. Surely she wasn't supposed to bring her own... right? That would be weird- to go to a bar and have to bring your own alcohol.

Kim God-damn Namjoon and his persuasive reasoning. Mimie would put money on it having been Jungkook's idea to get her to come out tonight just so she'd make a fool of herself. She would put money on it... if she had any to bet.

"Mimie-ah!" A vaguely familiar weight fell against Mimie's back, light giggles blowing into her hair,

"Jimin-ssi," she turned and offered a polite smile, his arms falling away as quickly as they'd found her.

"Happy new year!" he cheered, although he was a little late to the party since it was already mid-February. In his defence, he'd not had much chance to celebrate having had a hectic few weeks.

"Happy New Year," she giggled back, noticing the way he wobbled on his feet, the alcohol making the klutz even less stable than usual. That's where she wanted to be right now. Arriving at a club by herself was the worst because she was painfully sober and all she wanted was a fuzzy head and a full drink.

Like an answered prayer, Jimin placed a champagne flute in her hand and threw his arm around her shoulder again.

"Come on, the birthday boy is this way!" he beamed, not exactly giving her a chance to argue about it. Something about Jimin's cheeky grin was so hypnotizing. He could have her setting sail with him in search of the edge of the world, should he so desire. Thankfully, however, he used his superpower for good, delivering Mimie into the safety of Hobi and Namjoon's company (by which time she'd already downed the champagne and was scouting out another drink). She already felt better about gate crashing Hoseok's birthday party after just a few minutes of listening to Jimin's drunken ramblings about how much the members had missed her.