Busan

"Do you even know how to cook that?" Mimie smirked, finding Yoongi bouncing back and forth between frowning at a recipe book and awkwardly pottering around the kitchen with unfamiliar ingredients

"No," He grumbled, sparing her little more than a glance, "That's what the book is supposed to be for,"

"Do you an extra pair of hands?"

"I'm not going to burn the kitchen down," he defended, pressing on with his chopping, feeling the weight of the soft smile she was giving him.

"I know you're not, I'm just bored," she made her way around the island to wash her hands before standing to his right pointedly extending her freshly cleaned digits.

"Fine, you cook the beef, I'll cut the onions," Yoongi resigned, feeling his frustration getting the better of him. In truth, having an extra body was always helpful when cooking for so many people. It was even more so when attempting a new recipe that seemed to have every instruction happening at the same time.

"I'll do the onions," she argued, grabbing a knife before he could stop her, "You're better at cooking the meat anyway."

"But you have eye make up," he pointed out, and she couldn't help giving another fond smile. He hadn't wanted her messing up her mascara when the fumes stung her eyes.

"It's waterproof," she revealed and after a moment of testing her with a quizzical stare, he accepted it and stationed himself in front of the stove.

The chopped veg was left beside Yoongi, for him to add to the pan whenever he was ready, leaving Mimie to move on and begin grating an obscene amount of cheese. Every few moments he'd glance across the Island counter at her as if critiquing her cheese grating technique.

"Stop it, you're making me nervous," she pouted, though didn't dare to lift her eyes.

"I'm not doing anything," he defended blandly, his dry tone disguising the amused smirk on his face. In a way, he understood Jungkook's dedication to winding her up, she was just so easy to irritate and so entertaining to watch.

"Yes you are, I can feel you judging me. There's no way I'm doing this wrong, I'm literally just grating cheese!"

"You haven't been back to your studio since we came back." he deadpanned out of the blue, shocking her attention from the cheese to his raised brow expression. Silence distanced them again, but it was now a sour void rather than the comfortable quiet it had been before. Mimie knew Yoongi didn't mean any harm in his questioning, but she couldn't help retreating into herself. He wasn't wrong. She hadn't been back to her studio- but she didn't feel in any hurry. When she needed it, the studio would be there waiting for her, just as it always had been.

Plus, they had only been back home for a day. Was it really so strange that she hadn't been back yet? Other things required her attention. This job meant she didn't have endless days to waste hiding away in that room they way she used to.