Salt in the wound

(A/n- not the vibe but who cares lol they cute)

Vanishing into the kitchen, Hyemi rushed away from the uncomfortable atmosphere. The second the door closed between them, she sighed, her muscles relaxing, having seized up the second she saw Jungkook. You'd have thought she'd have gotten used to seeing him after knowing him for so long, but the last eighteen months she'd spend in Japan seemed only to have undone the years of desensitisation she'd built up against him.

Her hands were unsteady pulling out her phone and she almost called Joon instead of Jin.

"I'm five minutes away," the older man dead-panned the second he answered.

"Jungkook's here," she blurted; receiving a noise of confusion from the other end of the phone.

"Why?"

"I don't know," she huffed, "I'm in the kitchen letting him talk to Tae and Yoongi,"

"I guess now isn't a good time to tell you Joon's with me?"

Pausing to process Jin's revelation, Mimie sighed, running a hand through her hair wishing she made better decisions when she drank.

"I told you this was a bad idea, I'm just going to go,"

"He really wanted to talk to you,"

"He should have called me himself,"

"Would you have answered?"

"Just because you're in your thirties, doesn't mean you get to become reasonable all of a sudden."

"We're pulling up now, don't leave, just hear him out."

"Is he listening to this conversation?"

"No,"

"Are you lying?"

"... Yes, but I still think you should hear him out."

"He gets five minutes."

"That's all I need." She held the silence that followed Joon's abrupt voice and then hung up deliberately.

A few minutes didn't seem long enough for Jungkook and the others to talk, so she hung around the kitchen door, hesitant to return to the sofa. After a few minutes of that, she took it upon herself to get a drink, the wine from the restaurant was wearing off and if she had to deal with Jungkook and Namjoon then she needed the Soju. Returning to the living room, she brought the bottle with her and an extra glass in case Jungkook was hanging around. The men fell silent at the sight of her, but they didn't get a chance to dwell on it because Jin and Joon came through the door with the same abruptness as Jungkook had.

She pointedly downed her glass, pouring another before letting her eyes meet Namjoon's. It was as if he couldn't actually believe she was there, because he seemed to buffer in the doorway. It was much easier to stay angry with him when she was on the other end of the phone.