Reconciled

"It was great to see you again," Jungkook offered following Mimie out the building, to where his girlfriend was stood waiting on the steps for him

"It was great to see you again," Jungkook offered following Mimie out the building, to where his girlfriend was stood waiting on the steps for him. "It meant a lot to Namjoon," Although she was still thrown by Jungkook's earlier comment, Mimie spared him a soft smile in response- the presence of the other woman holding her words in. "Jagiya," Jungkook immediately stepped forward to greet Mara, who was watching the pair with a sheepish frown.

"What are you doing here? Did you come here on your own?" The man fussed, a gentle hand capturing her chin to allow a proper evaluation of Mara's physical wellbeing,

"I wanted to talk to you," Mara admitted, brushing hair that Jungkook had accidentally misplaced, back into the right place behind her ear. "I didn't mean to interrupt-,"

"Oh, no," Mimie flushed, stepping further away from the couple, "I was just leaving actually, I was here to have dinner with Jin and Yoongs, there's not... You didn't interrupt anything at all. Really. Nothing-"

While Mimie stumbled over herself, the taller woman tucked comfortably into JK's side, proving to be causing this effect. She felt about two feet tall suddenly and the catharsis of making up with Namjoon had slipped from her grip leaving her unsteady.

"You must be Chu Mara," Mimie darted a hand out to the girl, freezing awkwardly when she realised how far away from the couple she'd gotten and shuffled stiltedly towards them so Mara could grasp her hand. "I'm Mimie- Hyemi, well, Sun Hyemi, but-,"

"This is a close friend of Joonie-hyungs," Jungkook cut her off with a dry chuckle, not bothering to note Mimie's frown in response. He wasn't wrong. Technically. She was Joon's close friend... But something about him saying it didn't sit right. A year of being unable to escape him creeping into her thoughts should have earned her at least the title of his friend. But they'd never been friends had they? At least not in the conventional sense.

"It's nice to meet you," Hearing Mara's light-hearted, unaffected tone was enough to yank Mimie back to reality. "I'm Jungkook-ah's girlfriend,"

"Oh, I know," the words escaped Mimie before she could stop them, though her confidence withered underneath the way Jungkook shot piercing questioning eyes back at her. "I've heard so much about you," she corrected herself, painting her voice sweetly to hide the bitter way it cracked around the words.

"I remember you actually," Mara beamed, glancing back to Jungkook who managed to feign intrigue just in time. "We met at that gala remember?" Mimie did remember. She'd gone with Namjoon, despite having no clue about the cause the event was supporting. In the five minutes she'd left Namjoon unattended, he'd found the prettiest girl in the room and was talking to her about the members.

"Right, the gala," Mimie nodded, though she didn't share Mara's enthusiasm. Before the other girl could revive the conversation, that Mimie had let die, she was excusing herself claiming once again to have an early morning and to have already stayed too late.