Appa

*******

*******

The peace brought on by their day out, lasted until after the following morning's breakfast when Junghyun made an announcement. Blinking emptily at his brother, Jungkook demanded his hyung repeat himself.

"I invited Appa round to have lunch with us," Junghyun said again.

"He always calls me, Kook-ah and he mentioned you weren't answering his calls and I said I'd ask you about it. But he didn't want me to... in case you were just busy but you're here, you're not busy and he's missed you a lot. You might be upset with him but he-,"

"Hyung," Jungkook interrupted in a low tone, not wanting to listen to his brother's reasoning.

"It's just lunch, Jungkook-ah,"

"And I hope you enjoy yourself, but I won't be there." The idol was glad Mimie had gone out walking because he wasn't sure he would have stayed strong under the disappointed glare she would have given him.

"He's coming here-,"

"Then I'll take Mimie out for lunch," he shrugged, both brothers feeling the walls building back up.

Jungkook hadn't come here to resolve his issues with his father. He was here to maintain the remnants of the family he had left with his mother and brother. Their father didn't even come into it. As far as Jungkook was concerned, his father wasn't part of the family anymore. He'd walked away. He'd made his choice.

"He's coming here?" Jungkook turned back doing a double-take. How thoughtless to invite their father into their mother's house just because she was out for the day?

"Eomma said it was fine as long as he was gone before she came home," Jungkook could barely believe what he was hearing.

"Hyung, how could you? Don't you see how much Eomma is hurting?"

"Don't I see?" Junghyun scoffed openly, his derision dissolving into annoyance "It's all I see. I'm actually here, you're the one who doesn't know what's going on!"

"I would be here if I could and you know that!"

"But if the members called with an issue of their own, you'd be right back on that plane, forgetting all of this all over again."