X

When Mimie arrived at the HYBE building on Wednesday morning, she was stopped once again at the front desk to accept a bouquet dropped off for her

When Mimie arrived at the HYBE building on Wednesday morning, she was stopped once again at the front desk to accept a bouquet dropped off for her. Honestly, she wanted to crawl into a hole and die. She couldn't even call Seo and tell him to stop because she didn't have his number yet. To make matters worse, this second set of flowers were accompanied by an equally large bear, both of which she then had to haul up to her cubicle past far too many pairs of curious eyes.

She'd stayed at the office late the day before so that she could bring the flowers home and not be such a spectacle again, but clearly, Seo had other plans. It was nice of him to make such a gesture, but she really didn't enjoy the attention. If he had known she'd keep the flowers tucked under her desk he probably wouldn't have wasted so much money on them.

"He is persistent," her uncle chuckled, spotting the flowers poking out from under the desk, making her cringe.

"If I could stop him, I would have," she defended pouting back at Sihyuk, but he just chuckled. He didn't actually have any issue with her receiving such a generous gift. If anything he was happy she had attracted the attention of such a thoughtful man.

"Nonsense, you're long overdue a worthy admirer,"

"I've had boyfriend's before, Samchon," she frowned,

"As I said," Sihyuk smirked, "A worthy admirer,"

"We're leaving in fifteen minutes," He announced after she pulled a face in response.

"We?"

"I need a staff member to accompany the guests between here and the set," he nodded, handing over the thick envelope with the day's itinerary on it, along with copies for the next guest.

"Why me though? I don't even drive,"

"You're my niece, it makes people feel special because it's as if I sent you personally and that's good for the company."

"Why don't you just go?"

"I am going," he shrugged calmly,

"Then why do I have to go?"

"Mimie-ah, this is a good opportunity for you. You won't just be impressing the guests, you'll be impressing your superiors. This is a reward, not a punishment."

"Chef Baek-nim?" Mimie greeted the middle-aged man in the lobby of the HYBE building. He seemed to be appreciating the high ceilings, his head falling straight down to her, emphasising the differences in their heights with how long it took for his gaze to reach her.

"Sun Hyemi-ssi, it's a pleasure to see you again," he beamed warmly. This would be his second appearance on RUN BTS. He and Mimie had met the first time, but she was surprised that he remembered her since it had been so long ago.

"I hope you are well, Chef Baek-nim," she bowed a second time, before leading him straight out of the building. "It is going to take an hour to reach the set, so we should get going. We can discuss everything on the way." She informed him, doing her best to keep professional but it was Chef Baek Jong! and he remembered who she was! She couldn't believe it. This must be what people felt like when they met BTS for the first time. How did they keep their thoughts together?