My Lie For You (3) ★

AN: Well, here it is: the last part of 'My Lie For You', and the fluff we deserve after all that angst.

--

One year later

"Do you really need this?" Jennie frown as she hold up a small teddy bear with 'good luck' stitched on the chest.

"Yes," Lisa snatches it off from her, and places it carefully into one of the brown boxes she's packing for university, "That was a present from Jisoo when she graduated. It's important."

Jennie smile, and Lisa looks at her, eyes turning to crescents. Jennie love it when Lisa does that. Jennie have been noticing small things about her lately - things she didn't notice before, things that make her insides feel gooey.

"Jisoo's poetry club was pretty important to you, huh?" She pick Lisa's old poetry notebook from the box, running a finger along the well-worn spine. It's seen better days. Lisa snatches it off from her before she can take a peek at her scattered thoughts inside.

"Don't look at that, it's embarrassing."

She laugh, and Lisa chuckles as well, despite herself.

"Yeah, your poetry phase was pretty embarrassing."

Lisa makes to throw the notebook at her, but then decides against it, and instead places it back into the cardboard box with the utmost care.

"Say what you want, but it helped me sort out my thoughts."

"Ooh... the muddled mind of a hormonal teen!" Jennie throw a hand to her forehead in mock despair.

"You're still a hormonal teen," Lisa teases, and Jennie throw her a smirk, "Yeah. So?"

Lisa huffs a laugh through her nose, and looks down to the contents of the box "If it weren't for Jisoo and Chaeyoung, I wouldn't have got into lyric writing. And I wouldn't have started singing for Chaeng when she began composing her own music."

That's certainly true. Lisa's matured so much this past year, learning what she likes, what she wants. The poetry club helped her with that, Chaeyoung and Jisoo introducing her to a whole new world of art, and leading her on to discover passions of her own.

And now she's going off to study music. Meanwhile Jennie are trapped in a psychology course she couldn't care less about, all because she don't really know what else to do. Seeing Lisa changing, growing up before her eyes, makes the brunette feel kind of lonely - like she have been left behind, like she should know exactly what she want in the same way Lisa does. But at the moment, all she want for definite is Lisa.

Jennie sit down, cross-legged by the box Lisa is packing, and absentmindedly sift through the many photos Lisa's decided she can't leave without. "Yeah, it's great to see you doing something you're so passionate about."

Lisa eyes bore into Jennie as she speak, and she wonder if Lisa notices the twinge of sadness in her voice.

Then Lisa beams at Jennie, and flustered by the direct fire of her sunshine summoning smile, Jennie's busy herself rooting about in the box to pick out a picture - one of Lisa standing backstage before she goes up for her first singing competition. Lisa face is pale, her smile forced in the photo. When Jennie hold it up, and Lisa's face falls into an embarrassed grimace at the sight.

"Put it away, that's such a bad photo" Lisa can't help but laugh at herself, and Jennie grin mischievously before putting it back in the box. "I actually thought I was going to throw up before that photo was taken."

"Good thing you didn't. That wouldn't have looked good in front of the judges."

The two of them fall back into silence, as Lisa surveys her room, trying to decide what to bring.