Childhood Memories

"I'm home!" Jennie called into the empty foyer. She was surprised that Jisoo wasn't there to greet her. Usually, Jisoo would accompany with her everywhere but she had an exam and Jennie told her to stay home for the day so she could concentrate. Her cram school wasn't too far from her home so they didn't have to worry about their distance limitation. "Unnie? Where is everyone?"

"We're in here! You have a special visitor." Jennie followed Jisoo's voice into the living room and was surprised to see Lisa sitting with Jisoo's subclasses. When their eyes met, Lisa smiled at her.

"Welcome home, Jennie-yah." The customary greeting made Jennie blush a little. She was used to people waiting for her and telling her the same thing but she didn't know why Lisa's voice made it different. There was always something calming about her voice and Jennie loved the timbre of her voice. "I wanted to see you. Jisoo-unnie said I should wait."

"Were you waiting long?" Jennie asked as she took off her jacket.

"No. We were looking at your photo album while we waiting for you." Lisa told her and Jennie nodded for a moment. Then she realized what that meant and she looked back to her, hoping that she simple misheard Lisa. Unfortunately, a familiar book rested on Lisa's lap.

"Don't look at that!" Jennie scurried over Jisoo's subclasses, desperate to take back the photo album. There were several pictures that she didn't want Lisa to see or else she would die from embarrassment. Or worst, Lisa could decide not to date her because of the photos. In her rush, Jennie tripped but Lisa was quick to catch her.

"You okay?" Lisa looked down at Jennie and ran her hand over her head to make sure that she wasn't hurt. The small gesture was oddly familiar to Jennie but she couldn't place where she felt it before.

"Just give me that album so I can burn it!" Jennie demanded but Lisa looked hesitant to hand it to her. She knew that it belonged to Jennie but she didn't want to see the many photos, and the memories they held, be destroyed. Jennie looked so serious that she couldn't have known that her words were only out of embarrassment. She held out her hand to Lisa in a silent command.

"Can I keep one if you're going to destroy them?" Lisa asked and Jennie was confused for a moment. The photos were mostly of her childhood so she didn't know which she would want to keep. She was already flipping through the pages and Jennie had to admit that she was curious about which she wanted.

"Are you going to take the one with her dressing up for a tea party? Or are you going to take the one with her face covered in cake?" Jisoo's subclasses began to give Lisa suggestion but each one only made Jennie more embarrassed. The subclasses had grown fond of Lisa because she would always play with them whenever she visited.

"I want the one of us." Lisa slide a photo out of its placeholder. She was careful not to bend it or damage it as she did so.

"The one of us?" Jennie was confused and looked at the photo in her hand. The others were curious as well and surrounded her so they could see it. When they did, they accidentally press Jennie and Lisa closer together until Jennie was practically in her arms. Jisoo looked over Lisa's shoulder and recognized the photo with warm nostalgia.

Jennie was only six in the picture and she was standing in front of the mansion. A tall girl was standing next to her and they were both crying. Ella recognized the photo and remembered how Jisoo found the two. "Isn't that the girl that stole your first kiss?"

"Unnie! Unnie, help me!" Jennie cried but she didn't know if Jisoo would be able to hear her. Only a week ago, her sister left without a word and Jennie was determined to follow her to learn why. But everyone prohibited her from leaving and were so protective of her that it was stifling. So, she planned an escape to follow her sister.

It was a failure to say the least. She distracted Jisoo and her subclasses successfully and she was able to escape to the garden. The problem came when she tried to get through the gate. She thought that she was small enough to slip through the bars. But now she was trapped between the bars. The only thing she could do was scream and hoped someone find her.

"Jisoo-unnie!" Jennie screamed, remembering her sister's promise. Tears began to gather in her eyes as she cried in earnest. "Jisoo, help! You promised to come help me if I ever need you. Where are you? Come back!"

"Are you stuck." A voice asked her and Jennie furiously wiped her tears, hopeful that it was her sister. But the girl that stood in front of her was a stranger. She looked to be her age and Jennie wondered who the girl was because she wasn't one of Jisoo's subclasses. "Do you need help?"

"I don't need help from you!" Jennie tried to push away the girl's hands when she reached out to help her. Her childish pride wouldn't let her accept help from the girl. But the girl didn't seem to be deter and took her hands. With clumsy movements, she helped pull Jennie through the bars. They both fell onto the ground and Jennie groaned at the impact.

"Are you okay?" The girl asked and placed her hand on Jennie's head. Gently, she patted her head to check if she was hurt like her mother would often do for her.

"Stop it. I'm not a kid like you!" Jennie pointed out. They both stood and she had to grin when she was right. The girl didn't seem upset and only continued to pat her head. When she touched a small bump on her head, Jennie winced. "Ow! That hurts."

"I'm sorry." The girl looked truly guilty. "Wait, I know! I'll use Momma's special magic trick. It always makes me feel better when I'm hurt."

The girl stood next to Jennie and had to give her a chaste kiss on her cheek. Jennie was taken aback for a moment and could feel herself blushing. But then she remembered her father's words and began to cry. She quickly slapped the girl, "You gave me cooties!"

"Cooties?" The girl looked confused for a moment.

"My father said that I should only give my first kiss to some I love! If I kiss someone I don't love, I'll get cooties and die!" Jennie cried and the girl began to cry as well.

"I'm sorry! I didn't want to kill you. I just wanted to make you feel better," the girl said desperately but Jennie only glared at her through her tears. The girl hugged her and buried her face in her shoulder crying. "I'm sorry, please forgive me."

That was when Jisoo found them. Jennie ran to her crying and Jisoo quickly knelt to comfort her. When Jennie explained the situation to her, Jisoo couldn't help but chuckle at how innocent she was. The girl was crying but continued to apologize to Jennie. She placed a hand on their heads to soothe them. "No one's going to die. Because you two are friends so you can't give each other cooties."

"We're friends?"

"Yup. Now, lets take a picture to remember your first ever friend and kiss."

"Wait, I remember now!" Jennie said. While Jennie was shocked, Lisa didn't seem to be. She only stared down at the photo with a knowing smile before placing the photo in her wallet to keep it safe.

"You forgot about me?" Lisa asked and Jennie had to sheepishly nod her head. She looked disappointed for a moment before she gently tilted Jennie's face towards her. The innocent kiss on her cheek was so quick that Jennie couldn't react to it. "I kissed you like that."

"Everyone, lets give Jennie and Lisa some space." Jisoo was quick to usher her subclasses out of the room, leaving them alone.