Can't Keep Lying (2)

Requested by multiple people :')

Well now, now I just felt stupid. I was signed under the house with Jennie, we both shared the rent. And I had yelled at her to get of our house. I was by no means a gold digger. I hadn't dated Jennie because of her fame or money, though she had helped me greatly financially. By myself, the house was far too expensive, I had just missed the monthly bill for the third time. I needed to find a new place, right after I called the landlord.

"Hello?" I said as he picked up the phone. "I need to inform you that I will no longer be able to pay off this house. I need to find a new place."

"Are you sure? Your rent just got paid for this month."

I furrowed my eyebrows, how was that possible?

"I'm sorry.. What?"

"Ms. Kim paid the rent. She's been paying it. Did you not know?"

"She..." I couldn't speak.

"Ms. Manoban?"

"O-Oh yes.. Uhm.. Thank you. I'm sorry to bother you so late at night. Have a nice night sir."

I hung up the phone and fell back onto the bed, releasing a shaky breath. Jennie had been paying for me, even after I'd told her to leave. After she'd taken her stuff and left, she still paid for me. I rolled into my side as an owl hooted in the distance, squeezing my eyes shut. When I opened them, I could almost see the outline of Jennie's sleeping body against the darkness right besides my own. But then I blinked, and the spot where she laid was still cold and empty, reminding me of her absence. Had it really even been that long since she'd left? It felt like only minutes before that she had walked out of the door. Yet in some strange way, it also felt like I hadn't seen her in years. I wanted to forget, but her memory haunted me, laying here in the dark I always had the same thoughts. I hadn't seen her for months, but were I not on the same earth? I wondered, if maybe I ever cried at the same time, if I ever looked at the sunrise at the same moment, or did I ever think about each other in sync? Maybe she thought about returning at the same time I felt lonely, like right now. Probably not. She was most likely with him, holding him and loving him like she'd once loved me. Did she tell him the same jokes, tell him the same stories? I pressed my face into the pillow, surprised when I caught a familiar scent. It smelled of vanilla, honey, lavender, it was comforting.. It smelled of her. I'd washed the sheets and cases, but it still smelled of her. I allowed myself to lay there a little longer, then I felt tears. I sat up, throwing the pillow across the room. Then I flung the other pillows, yanked the blankets off of me, tore the sheets from the mattress and threw them across the room. Only when the bed was completely bare did I finally fall back onto it, tears wetting the mattress where I fell asleep that night.

The following morning, I took a trip to the store. I'd decided to thoroughly wash all of the bed sheets and covers, to turn over a new leaf. But I was out of laundry detergent, so I'd taken a trip out. I walked in through the doors and headed for the cleaning supplies, avoiding anyone's stares. Jennie was a famous person, and news spread fast. I tried not to think much of it, searching the shelves for a good laundry detergent. I was reading the label off of one of the bottles when I heard the squeaking of shoes on the polished floor. I looked up as two people turned the corner, laughing and fighting each other over a bag of chips. The longer I stared, I realized it was Nayeon and Irene. Nayeon was about to take off down the aisle until she saw me, coming to a stop feet in front of me.

"Lisa!" She grinned. "Long time no see. How have you been?"

I'd always gotten along with the them, they'd become some of my best friends. Of course though.. I hadn't spoken to them in a while. Irene looked nervous, nudging Nayeon though she ignored her.