Yours Now, Yours Forever

married jenlisa live their own little fairy tale life.

-

Jennie is standing in their kitchen by the small window - the one with the glass full of imperfections which makes the outside look strangely distorted if you look at it from just the right angles. Her hands are niftily rubbing the dirt off the carrots that Lisa retrieved from the small vegetable garden yesterday. There is dirt under her nails, but she doesn't mind.

It's almost therapeutic, the slow motions, the water running over her hands. The sounds of the birds chirping are loud enough that she can hear them even from the inside of their small home. It reminds her of the small creak that lies just a half hour walk from where they live. It's one of Lisa's favourite spots. Especially when the sky is clear like it is today, with clouds looking like bones, thin and stretched over the clear blue surface. On days like these the sky seems like a whole other world - borders sharp against the green, tall forest that's surrounding them and their small house in the middle of all that colour. It's unreachable. Jennie likes that. But she also likes when everything seems to become one when the fog rolls in on autumn mornings, or the summer showers erase every edge and everything just melts together, damp, wet and quiet.

They had bought it - the house - on a whim five years ago. The decision was made quickly, they saw the ad and then immediately went to take a look. It didn't take much time or thought after that, and suddenly the house had been theirs.

At that point they had been ready to move out of Daegu for quite a while - been ready to move out of their small old apartment and into something bigger, somewhere quieter. They wanted to move to a place where the pace was slower than the bustling city life, where the pulse always seemed like that of a small animal. When they had married the need for change had only grown.

The house is small, mainly built in wood and old . Which means that during the winter - when the wind comes from just the right direction - their home gets awfully cold, calling for cuddles with hot cocoa under their covers. It has everything they need though, a small, combined kitchen and living room, their room, a guest room, and a small hall by the front door.

What had been the most important thing in their house-search was the garden. Lisa had always wanted a big garden, and Jennie was not going to get her any less, not when it was to be their home . And their garden is big. When they had first seen it, it had been overgrown, crowded with bushes and small trees, the vegetable garden barely visible if not for the small fence that surrounded it. But Lisa had been sold immediately, eyes wide as she took in the large area, the small lake and the big willows who were leaning over it.

Today their garden is well kept, Lisa tending to it every other day. The grass is still long but the bushes are gone, the area open and full of wildflowers, especially during spring and summer. Lisa wants to make sure the insects have plenty of space, letting most of the garden grow as it wants. The vegetable garden on the other hand is well kept, rows of vegetables sprouting from the ground every year. Lisa had used a few months getting the vegetable garden completely ready, ridding it of all the weeds and other unwanted plants. The fence is now painted white and row after row of berry bushes, flowers and vegetables are standing proud and tall.

Jennie throws a look out the window, absentmindedly. From here she can see how the potatoes are blooming. The squash plants are seeming to thrive too, as well as the long rows of carrots. The rest of the crops are hidden from view. Jennie is quite certain that Lisa is somewhere out there tending to the fragile plants. This year she had decided to try and grow sunchokes.