Sweetly Oblivious

Lisa groaned as she stretched her arms above her head, ignoring the pops in her shoulders and wrists. She had just finished a lengthy paper that was due next week and the feeling of relief washed over her for getting it done early. The semester was almost three months in, but Lisa's advanced classes were relentless.

Someone knocked twice on her bedroom door before opening it slightly and peeking a head through the crack. Lisa rotated her chair slowly to face the doorway, she already had a feeling that she knew who it was. Sure enough, her roommate was at the door and after noticing that Lisa wasn't asleep or busy, the smaller girl opened the door fully. She leaned against the frame, hands in the pocket of her dark, oversized hoodie.

"Did you finish your paper already?"

"Yeah." Lisa nodded, reaching to save the file despite knowing she had saved it three times already. She stood up and turned back to her roommate with a smile. "I swear, Seul. Sometimes I wonder why they make us students suffer so much."

Seulgi shrugged, "Beats me. Unfortunately, we're at this school somewhat willingly."

The two girls knew each other fairly well. Being roommates for almost 3 years will do that to some people. They became roommates during Lisa's freshman year, which was an unusual occurrence. Lisa was younger than Seulgi, but apparently the older girl had a horrible experience with a previous roommate her own age, and ended up trading rooms. It was then she met Lisa and everything seemed to fall into place. They got along great and never really fought during their time living together.

Seulgi was a calm person with plenty of patience, so it surprised Lisa that someone could do something to make the shorter girl blow her fuse. Curiously, Lisa had asked what happened with her previous roommate that caused her to leave, but Seulgi simply grimaced and muttered darkly, "You really don't want to know. I still have nightmares about it."

So Lisa left it at that, feeling lucky that she didn't have to worry about crazy roommates with Seulgi around.

"Are you hungry?" Seulgi asked, glancing down at her phone. "It's noon and I'm starving."

Lisa grabbed her wallet and keys.

"Lead the way."

-

They walked across the quad to make their way to the university food court, which housed many different fast food stalls. It was a short distance away from their shared apartment and both of them didn't have any evening classes so there was no need to rush. They weren't surprised but Seulgi still huffed when they saw the long lines at all of the food stations. Deciding on a favorite spot that sold tasty kimchi fried rice, both of them found a place in line to wait for their turn to order. The line was long as well but it was doubtful that they would find anything better at this time of day.

"Hey, Seul." Lisa's voice made Seulgi look up from her phone screen. "How much of your composition did you get done? You were working on it all night."

Seulgi rolled her eyes. "I keep getting stuck. There's this part that just doesn't sound right and I've been busting my ass trying to fix it."

Lisa hummed, because she knew how difficult it was when you get into a rut with music. She had a bad experience two weeks ago where nothing was working for her and it was a nightmare.

"I'm sure it'll come to you, BearSeulgi."

Seulgi scoffed at the nickname, but a grin pulled at her lips.

They finally got their food after a good amount of waiting, but thankfully by that time the crowds thinned out due to afternoon classes. It was easy to find a table to eat outside in the cool spring day. Plopping down in a chair, Seulgi practically tore open her container so she could start eating. Lisa laughed lightly at her friend's rare enthusiasm before reaching to open her own bowl of food.