Believe Me, She Will Love You

Jennie wasn't a big drinker. She never went over two drinks when she went out with her friends and she wasn't a partier either; she would rather spend time with her friends in a quiet place, just talking and enjoying some food and each other's company.

She loved dancing though. But she preferred to have enough space to do that, without bumping into someone or something every time she moved a limb.

However, the reason she was now sitting at a club's bar was none of the above. She was there because whatever she'd tried to calm her nerves, nothing had succeeded. As Saturday's dinner approached, her stress increased. And now that it was in less than twenty-four hours, she couldn't stand staying in her apartment.

She'd been going on dates with Lisa for almost a year now. In the beginning, they'd kept spinning around each other, with both of them refusing to admit how they were secretly convinced they were meant to be together.

Lisa had asked her to be her girlfriend only after three months of constant flirting and innuendos, and Jennie had immediately accepted the offer because, in the end, that's what she'd wanted all along, from the moment she'd laid eyes on Lisa for the first time.

Even after eight months of being together, and even though Lisa had been the first to tell Jennie that she loved her, and never made her feel inadequate in any way, she couldn't help feeling insecure. Every time she woke up before Lisa, with the younger resting perfectly in her arms, she couldn't keep herself from thinking that this was a dream and that she was dangerously approaching the moment when everything around feels so perfect, right before waking up to the reality, with those beautiful moments fading away.

Jennie wanted to trust that what she had with Lisa was made to last, but she couldn't stop thinking that it had an expiry date and that Lisa would one day come back to her right state of mind, wondering what she was doing with someone like Jennie, leaving her forever.

When Lisa had told her that she'd been invited to a dinner at her best friend Kim Jisoo's place, Jennie did her best to keep a poker face. She couldn't show an uneasy expression, while her girlfriend in front of her had been all excited and happy that she and Jisoo were finally about to meet.

Lisa would always complain about how the two most important people in her life hadn't already met. That's why she'd been talking about it for a long time and was planning how to set up the meeting and where would be the perfect place and the perfect time that could fit Jisoo's hectic schedule as CEO of a successful IT company.

Jisoo was Lisa's older sister. They were not blood-related but it was just the same and Lisa wouldn't stop talking about her when they spent time together. They'd met through their parents being business partners and friends, and since then they'd been inseparable. Jisoo had been present in every stage of Lisa's growing up, playing an important role in every aspect of her life.

Lisa never spent a day without talking to or texting Jisoo. Her unnie was very much present in her life. But even if the thought tickled Jennie's brain several times at the beginning of their relationship, she now knew for sure that Lisa and Jisoo had never been, nor would they ever be, a romantic item. They were just platonic best friends with a profound love for each other and a strong bond connecting them.

Jisoo was Lisa's best friend, her soulmate, her everything. And Jennie knew that she could never compete with that. Jisoo would always be the most important woman in Lisa's life, and she hated how this made her feel jealous.

But what tormented Jennie the most was that Lisa admired her and looked up to her so much. What if Jisoo didn't like Jennie? Or what if Jennie left a bad first impression at tomorrow's dinner? Would she be given the opportunity to make it better afterward?