You Found Me ★

A Soulmate AU where the location of Lisa soulmate is written on her wrist. When she get closer to her soulmate, the tattoo will get darker. When the both of them are in very close proximity each other for the first time, the tattoo will turn hot and burn them, but will stop burning once they make eye contact.

--

All my life, I've watched adults ruin their careers and go bankrupt because of their attempts to search for their soulmate. I've watched them cry and berate themselves for being so stupid; letting their stupid belief of meeting their soulmate and living a happily ever after with them control them and destroy their life.

I wasn't going to be like that. Besides, upon learning the truth of what was written on each and everyone's wrist, I discovered that not all soulmates end up together. So what's the point? I believed that if that person was my true soulmate, I'd let destiny have its way. I believed that destiny would bring us together on its own.

Or maybe not.

I never made any effort to look for my soulmate.

Except, my mom did. As of the moment, the both of us were on the bus. My mom decided to move to the town where my tattoo indicated my soulmate was, after realizing that I wasn't joking about the fact that I wasn't going to look for my soulmate on my own.

"Lali, when will you start looking for your soulmate on your own? You're already 18." My mother asked as she folded my shirt and stacked it on top of the many others she had already folded.

"Mom, I told you already. I'm not going to look my soulmate. I don't want to. There are too many people out there who ruined their lives looking for theirs." I sighed, closing the book that I have been reading and dragging myself to sit beside my mother. I took a shirt from the laundry basket and started folding it as well. My mother took a glance at my left wrist.

"It's darker now, isn't it?" A small smile made its way unto her lips.

"Yeah." A blanket of comfortable silence covered the both of us.

"Oh, I can't wait for the day you'll meet your soulmate! I just wish I'll be there to see you all red and flustered."

"We didn't really have to move here just for this, mom." I finished folding the last shirt of mine.

"Well, I found your father that way." She mused, ruffling my hair. She stood up and picked up the laundry basket. "And if you're not making any effort, then I will."

I stood up, still furious about the fact that I had to leave my old home and transfer schools just to find my soulmate.

"But not all soulmates end up together, right? So what's the point? You and dad didn't-"

"Not another word, Lalisa." She didn't spare me a glance as she walked out of my room.

I collapsed onto my bed and sighed. I guess I did take it too far, I thought. I decided to sleep for now. After all, tomorrow was my first day of school at Saebom High as a third year.

--

"I'm sorry, for last night." I apologized to my mom, who was about to leave the house for work. She simply gave me a small smile before she went out the door. Minutes later, I slipped on my new uniform and made my way towards Saebom High.

--

I stood in front of the open gates of Saebom, admiring the buildings. Surely, it was bigger than my old school, but that doesn't mean it's any better. Besides, I'd have to get adjusted. My heart pounded. It's not easy to be a transfer student.