Can't Keep Lying (3)

Jennie's POV

My breath was shaky with uncertainty, pressing my back to the headboard as I felt a bead of sweat drip down my forehead and pulling the sheets up to cover my bare chest as Kai looked at me, as a sigh escaped his mouth.

"You miss her. Don't you?"

I didn't answer. My eyes unmoving from the wall ahead of me. Kai tried to reach out me and offer some comfort, but I pulled away from his touch.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to do this with you- at least, I thought, I uhm.. I d-dont know."

"It's okay Jennie. You thought you wanted to have sex with me. Because that's what couples do. But you can't stop thinking about Lisa can you?" Kai searched my face, I looked tired. I had really tried, but I hadn't gotten past kissing him. No matter how long I was with him, I couldn't shake that feeling that something was wrong, I couldn't stop remembering that this wasn't Lisa. Not since I'd seen her, the way she'd looked at me like I'd just destroyed her whole world. I couldn't bring myself to be happy with Kai after that. I turned my head to look at him, my eyes searching him in the dark.

"I'm really sorry." I said. "I just can't. You're not her."

I know Kai felt a bit of pain at my words, but he only looked at me.

"Then go find her."

"She hates me."

"She'll keep hating you if you don't talk to her."

"I slept with you.. I cheated on her."

"No you didn't slept with me, you stopped yourself. Because you still love her. You always have. She didn't do anything wrong, and I bet you she misses you as much as you miss her," Kai forcefully shoved my shoulder.

"Go."

I took a breath, then nodded and pushed the blankets off. I got to a stand, pulling my clothes. I looked back at him one last time, he smiled. I smiled back, then headed out the door.

-

Lisa's POV

I opened my mouth and took another bite from my sandwhich as I turned the page of my book. I was sitting at the kitchen table again, I hadn't been able to sleep. I thought I'd feel better with the blankets washed, and I had, but I still couldn't sleep. Not with the reoccurring thoughts, or the nightmares I had began to have as well. So on nights like this, I'd sit at the table and read until I got sleepy enough to go to bed. I furrowed my eyebrow and raised my head from my novel when there was a knock at the door. I got to my feet and walked over to the front door, wiping my mouth. I reached and grabbed onto the doorknob, but something stopped me. I began to think about Jisoo, she'd told me that Jennie would come back. I wasn't sure if I'd ever be ready to face her, I didn't know what I'd say. I jumped when someone knocked again, coming back to reality. I took a deep breath and turned the knob, pulling the door open.

Jennie.

"May I come into my home?" She asked, her voice trembling from the temperature outside. I swallowed, pursing my lips into a line.

"This isn't your home anymore."

Jennie's eyes flicked back to her car, as if questioning herself whether this was worth it or not. But then she looked back at me, pulling her face into a look full of authority as she started to walk towards me. I let go of the knob and took a step back as Jennie stepped inside. She shut the door behind herself and faced me again.

"I pay the rent. This is still my home."

I was suprised by her strict tone, looking her up and down. She hadn't changed. She still had the same, beautiful, the same smooth face, sharp eyes and plump lips. Hearing her and seeing her was surreal, something I hadn't been prepared for. I cleared my throat when I realized she was also examining me, I probably looked like I hadn't had a good night's sleep in ages.