Between Lies

"Unnies, good morning, I-I got you both your coffee."

Jennie's back straightens from where she was talking with the director. The soft, shy voice of their head writer interrupted their light conversation near the snacks table, but neither women were even miffed at all.

"Oh, Lisa, thank you," Jisoo perks up, grinning widely as she reaches out for the caffé mocha on the take-out cup holder that's labeled with a Jisoonie at the side. "Decaf with extra whipped cream, you know me so well."

Lisa's cheeks redden just a tiny bit. "I know you're trying to cut it down on the coffee, unnie. But I know you'd be upset if I didn't get you one, too."

The corners of Jisoo's smile curl into something teasing, something along the lines of you just needed to buy me one too so you won't be too obvious. But before Jisoo could embarrass the poor sweetheart for doing such a sweet act, Jennie steps in.

"Wah, thank you, Lili," Jennie grins as she reaches for her own cup, and Lisa stares at her with big round lovestruck eyes. "I really needed this right now."

As much as Lisa tries to tamper her reactions, everyone within a fifty mile radius could basically see how Lisa swooned as their executive producer beamed at her for the drink. Jennie just had that effect on Lisa, and no matter how hard the head writer denies it, there's no mistaking the glimmer in her eyes that matched the redness on her cheeks whenever she sees Jennie fondly smiling at her.

Jisoo, who's not as oblivious to their surroundings, can definitely see how half of the staff cooed from a distance. It's almost adorable, if not, a little tragic.

Especially when Jennie's eyes don't exactly share the exact same sparkle.

"You're-you're welcome," Lisa pushes up her glasses along the bridge of her nose. So cute. "Well, I just wanted to give you that, b-but I'll get going now. I'll see you guys later."

Jennie hums, grinning at her in gratitude one last time. Tomorrow, the producer silently promises though she's missed the last two times already, I'll be the one to buy her coffee. Her and Jisoo, I mean. "Yes, Lisa. Meeting at 3 o'clock today too, don't you forget."

Lisa offers her a two finger salute before turning back at them and rounding up by the corner. Even from behind, both women could see the way her cheeks bunched up. There's no denying that the writer will be walking around wearing a huge grin for the rest of the day. All thanks to the most beautiful woman, non-actress, on set.

Jennie didn't even have to glance at Jisoo to know the look on her face. "Not a word, Jisoo."

Smile and giddy, Jisoo's eyes glimmer with mirth. "I haven't even said anything, Jendeukie."

"You don't have to," Jennie scoffs, lightly glaring at her friend. "And yet you're still speaking so loud."

Jisoo then breaks out into giggles. "I can't help it, I'm sorry!" She pokes Jennie on her forearms. "That kid is so whipped for you."

The director didn't exactly have to state the obvious. "Come on now, don't be mean." Jennie chastises her, looking fed up since this isn't exactly the first time Jisoo teased her.

"I'm not being mean," Jisoo defends herself, still smiling mischievously. "I actually think it's cute. Until when will you make the kid wait for you, Jennie?"

"Unnie." Jennie admonishes, firm and a little irritated. While she might not exactly mirror Lisa's feelings, Jennie was never keen on making fun of Lisa's crush either. "I said stop it. We've already talked about this, remember? We're all working together, I don't have time for relationships-I can't be in a relationship with someone I'm supposed to be professional with."