Check Up

"Don't worry, Lis, I'm sure everything's going to be alright." Jisoo reassured her friend. They were waiting for the results of Lisa's x-ray. While she was cleaning the house, she fell and hurt her ankle. Ever since then, she would have difficulty standing. She knew that Lisa was worried about the results despite having a calm expression. "It's probably nothing irreversible."

"What if I can't help my parents anymore?" Lisa asked and looked down at her ankle. The doctor had placed a brace around it but told them to wait for the x-ray results. Her ankle was still a little sore but it wasn't painful.

"You're a strong so you'll heal fast." Jisoo patted her shoulder.

They both looked up when the door opened and a doctor walked in. She wasn't the same doctor that treated Lisa earlier. She looked young but she held herself with the pride of a queen as she walked towards them. She held out her small hand to Lisa. "Hello, Ms. Manoban, I am Dr. Kim."

"Hello," Lisa shook her hand and found that it was surprisingly small and delicate. "It's Lisa."

"Well, Lisa, I have the results of your x-rays." Jennie placed the x-rays over the display. She had to stand on her toes to reach the top and Lisa was certain that she would barely reach her shoulders if they stood side by side.

"There is a disruption of fibers of your lateral ankle ligaments and this is the reason for the instability of your ankle. You told me that you fell and injured your ankle a couple days ago so this probably occurred because your ankle did not heal properly. Lateral ankle ligament reconstruction can correct this. It's a rather common surgical procedure so you do not need to worry."

Jennie explained the procedure as simply as she could but Lisa continued to stare at her with a curious expression. She doubted that Lisa heard or understood her words. "Pardon me, Lisa, do you have any questions?"

"What?" Lisa seemed to snap out of her daze. Jennie sighed and rubbed her temple, wondering if Lisa was listening to her. "Doc, I think there's something wrong with my heart. It's been beating really fast and irregularly."

"I don't see a history of heart problem in your medical history so is this something recent? If this affects the surgery, I should know about it." Jennie skimmed the charts she was given. "How long have you had these symptoms?"

"Since you walked in." Lisa answered and it took a moment for the implication of her words to register. Jennie dropped the charts she was holding. Was she trying to flirt with her? Lisa's face didn't change from its usual calm expression so Jennie couldn't tell. Lisa tilted her head and asked, "Aren't you going to check my heart?"

"The hell is wrong with you? I'm a doctor and any relationship with a patient is unprofessional and unethical. You're cute but I'm not going to risk my job for you!" Jennie stated firmly but she could feel herself blushing.

"You think I'm cute? I think you're cute too." Lisa smiled and Jennie could feel her heart begin to race. Jennie began to fumble over her words but gave up quickly and turned away. She quickly wrote on a brochure and pressed it into Lisa's hand.

"Here's all the information on the surgery. Get the receptionist to book you an appointment." Jennie told her before running out of the room. While Lisa watched Jennie leave, Jisoo looked at the brochure.

"Hey, I think she gave you her number! It's written on this brochure."

"It is? Does that mean she likes me?" Lisa asked Jisoo who raised a brow at her.

"Wait, weren't you flirting with her?"

"Well, I was just telling her the truth." Lisa answered but smiled when she looked down at the number. "Should I call her?"