Chapter 24

Joe's POV:

I woke up and Mia was snoring next to me. I looked at her, her shiny brunette hair spread out across the pillow and her tanned face with her long dark eyelashes an perfect eyebrows, I was in love and she was the one, I know I'm cheesy but I feel like we will stay together forever.
It was Sunday and the day we were going home from sunny Barcelona and back to cold England, we had had a wonderful week here though.
She turned around and slowly opened her eyes.
"Hey Joseph..." She yawned.
"Morning..." I chuckled.
"We're going home today Joe!" She said, she pulled a puppy face and stuck out her bottom lip. I laughed at her.
"Yeah, it's been good though!" I said.
"Mmmhm. Especially the part where you asked me to be you're girlfriend!" She laughed.
"C'mon lets get up and finish packing." I said but Mia's face filled with worry and suddenly she rushed to the bathroom. What?
"Mia! Open up! What's wrong?!" I shouted through the door as I had been for the next ten minuets, all I could hear was crying but it broke my heart.
She unlocked the door and I opened it, she was curled up with her head to her knees in the empty bathtub. Her dark brunette hair was shielding her face. Her eyes were pink and puffy and she looked no different to the 12 year old Mia who cried in secondary school everyday because she got bullied.
I sat down next to her and hugged her into my chest.
"What's wrong M? Tell me please!" I said.
"The flight. I don't wanna go Joe, what if the plane crashes and we can't get out? What if we fall into the sea and drown? What if you die in the plane crash and I don't! I won't be able to live without you!" Mia said panicking.
"Shhh", I said rubbing her back "don't panic Mia, nothing will happen and there will be no plane crash. The pilots are very well trained and make sure everything is safe. Nothing will happen, I promise you." I said comforting her.
"Thanks Joe.." She said, wiping her eyes with her hoodie sleeve.
"No problem little one." I whispered.
"I'll leave you to have a nice bath or shower whilst I pack. I'll pack for you as well. Just enjoy your bath or shower." I say, she stands up and starts to turn the shower on so I take it as my signal to leave.
She locks the bathroom door and again and I pack all my things. Ten minuets later Mia comes out and tells me to go for a shower whilst she packs her stuff so I do.
I come out of the shower and change into some grey tracksuit trousers and a black hoodie to be comfy on the flight.
Mia is wearing some red and black tartan pyjama trousers and a grey hoodie of mine and she is also wearing comfy ugg boots. She has no makeup and her wavy brown hair in shoved up in a messy bun. Somehow she still looks amazing.
We take our suitcases and head to Zoe and Alfie's room and knock on the door. They meet us downstairs at the hotel to get some breakfast from the hotel cafe and we all get a tea (Zoe has hot chocolate though because she doesn't drink tea or coffee).
A few hours later when we are at the airport and about to board the plain, we get into our seats and suddenly as the plane starts to take off Mia starts to panic. I try to calm her down and give her some water but she's in a full blown panic attack.