Chapter 40

Mia's POV:

Joe's driving and he's taking me for a day out at my favourite beach outside Brighton.
We get to the beach and as soon as we get onto the beach I take of my flip flops.
"Take your shoe's off Suggy!" I say, smiling and tugging at his shirt like a child.
"Okaaayyyy! Why?" He laughs.
"Just do it!"
He pulls off his white trainers and socks and I grab his hand. We run across the beach towards the right side of the beach. We find a little corner and put our stuff down. The beach is almost deserted, there's only us, another couple, a family and some kayakers here.
We sunbathe for a while on a rug and then I remember I'm wearing my bikini underneath my summer dress. I take off my dress and bracelet to reveal my floral bikini.
"Suggy!" I say and Joe opens his eyes and groans.
"Whattt?" He groans.
"Let's go in the sea!" I insist.
"Alright in a minute, I was having a nice sunbathe." I say.
"Hurry up then!" I say.
I tie my wavy hair into a loopy bun and take off my sun glasses, chucking them in my bag. I run down to the sea and stand at the shore. I squint out to sea and see a little boat sailing across the horizon. I smile, taking in the moment. For once everything is perfect in my life.
I feel a pair of arms hug my from behind and someones head rest on top of my head. It's Joe.
"Hey there suggy." I giggle.
"Yo Mia!" He says.
I realise that this moment is too cheesy, I take Joe's hand and walk into te cold sea until it's up to our knees and I'm squealing about how cold it is.
"Man up Mia!" Joe laughs.
"Man up ey?" I laugh and with that I push Joe into the sea and he yelps.
"Little shit!" Joe yells. Plan successful.
He runs out of the sea and sprints after me, I run until he catches me up and he picks me up, bridal style. He runs to sea whilst I scramble to escape but it's too late. He wades into the sea and chucks me in laughing.
"You pay for that suggy!" I laugh, "one day, one day!"
"Oh really?" Joe chuckles.
"Yes! Really." I glare at him and he smirks.
We swim in the sea for a while and then we come back out shivering and soaked. I dry myself and change back into my dress and lie down on the rug with Joe. I read for a while and we have a great time.
Soon the sun is setting and I forgot how beautiful it looks here, the sky is a mix of purple, pink and orange.
Joe stands up, he takes my hand and leads me to the middle of the beach. He reaches into his pocket then get's down on one knee.
What. Oh. my. god.
"Mia Erndale, will you marry me?" Joe asks, opening a little box and showing me a beautiful cold ring with a tiny green emerald on it.
Tears appear in my eyes and I grin like mad.
"Yes!" I squeal and I slip the ring on my ring finger and I wrap my arms around joes neck and legs around his waist and he spins me round.
I cry into his salty hair.
"I love you, a lot!" I squeal.
Joe just squeezes me even tighter and I get that he means 'I love you too'.
He walks back along the beach with me still wrapped around him like an over attached child or a sloth clinging to a branch.
We pick up our stuff and head back to the car. When we're in the car I text all my friends about what just happened but the first person I text is Zoe;
'Your brother just proposed to me on the beach, Zoe I'm sooo happy right now!💍😍😭' I text.
Zoe replies with;
'OMG MIA! Freakingggg helllll! Alfie and I are over the moon for you! Congrats babes!💍 X'
I smile and then text my mum;
'Mum! Joe just proposed to me on my favourite beach! I cannot believe it, so happy! Xx'
My mum replies;
'Oh my gosh darling. Congratulations! I'll have to come and see you soon! Is the engagement ring nice? Xx'
I smile and reply;
'It's lovelyyyy! Gold with a little emerald on, soo nice. Yes, cannot wait to see you! Xx'
After I've texted Mum, Dad, my sister, Zoe and Alfie, Marcus and Niomi, Jim and Tanya, Anna Saccone & Jonathan Joly and many other people I'm close with I look over at Joe's tanned face. He has always had a birth mark on one side of his face and somehow, me being me, I find it super attractive.
"Joe, thank's for creating the best day of my life.." I say.
"No promlem....babe" Joe chuckles.
We eventually get home and I go to the bathroom, take of my makeup, wash my face and apply moisturiser and then get into my pyjamas and climb into bed.
I check the time on my phone. It's 10:00pm and Joe has just announced that we're engaged on twitter, Facebook and he's also uploading a short video announcing it onto his main YouTube channel. So far, it's going down well. I'm happy, okay that's an understatement. I'm over the moon. Joe comes to bed eventually and climbs in next to me. He pulls me close.
"I love you Mia.." He whispers in my ear.
"I love you too Joe.." I whisper back.
We've had our ups and downs together, like all couples but in the end I'm nothing without Joe, he's the glue that holds me together. I think my life is getting better, finally. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
------------------------------------------
A/N: MUST READ!!
✖️This story is NOT over, there is a sequel, go check it out✖️
Woop woop, Joe and Mia are engaged! #Jia forever.
Don't worry, this story's not over yet. Go check out the first chapter of the sequel 'can this be our happy ending?'
I can't believe how many views this fan fiction got, I did not expect that. It's got like 7k reads?! Thanks a million to everyone who has read this, voted for it and commented and just generally supported it. Love you all!
See you in the sequel hopefully,
Hel✖️🌿💕