·(Book Two) Chapter Six (Previous Storyline) ·

*Luna*

*Luna*

As I lay here, wrapped in my husband's arms, I marveled at his luminous eyes. The way they sparkled from the light blinking in through the windows sent a shiver down my spine. I would love to stay like this for a while longer, but both of us were bound to wake any moment now, and our time would be up. Will we get a next time? Will he ever regain his lost memories of us? 

"What are you thinking about?" Amir asked, adjusting his side. I moved in closer and snuggled up to him, smelling a pine scent oozing off his skin. 

"What is it like for you? I mean... you're in a place that is foreign to you, and you're surrounded by people who are unfamiliar. So when you—he—looks at everyone, how do you feel?"

With his steady gaze on mine, a silent tear slid down his cheek, and I reached up to smoothe it with my thumb. He leaned forward and kissed my knuckles, his eyes becoming more glossy as his breath shuddered in his throat.

"Sorry. I shouldn't be this emotional. Not when we are together like this." 

"No. You have every right to be upset and cry until your heart's content. You didn't deserve this. You're a victim, Amir."

"So are you, Moon." He wrapped me tighter in his embrace and kissed my temple. "It feels like... I don't know... like I am there. I can hear what everyone is speaking, and I can sense their souls being shattered because we are all connected, but then, I can feel the confusion going on inside my brain. I want to speak up and tell Faisal that I know him and we need to get you out. I want to tell Sarah that her papa is still with her and I would protect her at all costs, but I'm unable to do that. I'm around them when Ahmed is with Liberty, preparing food. I can smell the familiar dishes—Indian cuisines—that I want to devour, but he prevents it. He doesn't partake in many things that the group does, and he is always sleeping. I try so hard to reach out to them and let them know I'm here, but —"

"Baby, it's okay," I said, squeezing his waist as his hand stayed planted on my stomach, feeling our little miracles in there. "We'll figure something out. Okay? We will do whatever we can to bring you back to us. You'll have control, again. I promise." 

"What a way to ruin our time together," Amir groaned. "I tried to be romantic and woo the pants off ya, then I ended up bringing our intimate time to a halt." I busted out laughing. 

"You haven't brought our moment to a halt. We're taking a break and will pick this back up later." I gave him a sly smile. "And if you hadn't realized, you wooed the pants off me." I glanced down at my naked body.

His lips turned up as he bit his lower lip. I could feel his heart beating softly, but I could also feel how lost he truly was. It was like his soul was there and he wanted to open up, but he couldn't.  
Straight-up Mental Prison.