·Chapter Thirteen·

There are TWO reveals of both Amir and Chase in this chapter

There are TWO reveals of both Amir and Chase in this chapter. Things that no readers have thought of.

·This Flashback is set on the author's birthday, March 10th. 🎂

───────✧❁✧───────

*Luna*

*March 10, 2019*

While having the house to myself and fixing my garden outside around the shed, I peered up at the sky and noticed the gray clouds coming in. Sarah was off with Liberty and my father, who came down to Louisiana to visit us, and I wanted to be with them, but I wasn't in the mood to do any shopping or go into town today. I had a lot of work to do in my field and garden that I neglected for days. As I glanced down at myself, I was all hot and sweaty and could definitely use a shower at the moment. I was just glad Chase wasn't here. He was out handling a business matter in Lafayette, so I was able to be here at home in peace.

He'd been fussing at me left and right about why I wasn't home on time, or why I messed up on a few client's photographs and had to give them free sessions for a month. There was only one reason for that, and four letters were in his name. Amir.

When it was late in the evening for him, he liked to see me when it was afternoon for me. And that was my busiest time frame at the studio. Ever since Valentine's Day and his urgency to pop by whenever he felt like it, he'd catch me off guard more often. Especially if I was in the middle of snapping a client's photo's and ended up shooting a blank wall or the ceiling instead. It was embarrassing. He'd giggle and taunt me about it, messing with me because he thought it was funny.

But was it funny when I blocked him out?

Oh no. He literally had a raging fit. He's like a kid — he was ready to have fun whenever he sees me. But he doesn't realize I stay scattered-brained to a T. I couldn't multi-task that well, and handling his sudden appearances was nerve-wrecking. It wasn't because I didn't want to see him, but I wanted to concentrate on my task at hand. Little did I know that I'd be juggling so much since November last year.

And for today, I believe Amir was busy. He was celebrating a birthday with his mother, Maryam, so I'll be able to complete everything I needed to. If I saw Amir now, I'm almost convinced I wouldn't get any work done. The other night he popped up beside me in my car when I was heading home as it was late for me and early for him. I got to sit next to him and watch the sunrise in Pakistan on his hilltop. It was so mesmerizing to watch the sun shine against the mountains he lived near and breathe in the morning air on his side.

I loved browsing his country. Every time I was with him and we walked down busy streets or visited different landmarks he consistently showed me, I couldn't help but feel like his girlfriend (even though no one could see me), and I wasn't just a tourist. When I glanced at the country's flag and peered my gaze back at him grinning up at it-a proud Pakistani-it made me feel thankful for meeting him. If the day came where we could walk and view his city together, that would surely be a day that I'll be waiting for. Maybe that day will come.