·Chapter Fourteen·

This chapter and the next were once set as Chapters 1, 2, and 3, but I later placed them in their correct timeline

This chapter and the next were once set as Chapters 1, 2, and 3, but I later placed them in their correct timeline. The dialogue and scene might be off a bit. Or maybe not. Some things may also be repeated, since they were originally in another part of the book. These chapters (not descriptions) will be deleted in revision. [Chapters 13-17]

───────✧❁✧───────

*Amir*

May 2019

As I strolled through a long corridor of a restaurant, I overheard Chase laughing somewhere in the distance.

Adjusting myself in the Cajun-style establishment, I noticed Luna and her family were eating dinner. She hadn't noticed me, but I could feel that she was expecting me. She kept her head down and twiddled her thumbs, deep in thought and making small talk with everyone. I wondered what was going on through her mind...

"So, how did your day go?" Chase's blond-haired friend asked, inquiring about her work. Luna mumbled something that I couldn't hear.

She had two male clients come in earlier to get some headshots done for their agents. I almost made her mess up her Tri-pod when I kept popping up and doing silly poses around her, making her laugh. She could have knocked the camera off the stand, ruining it, but if that happened then I'd send her a new Nikon 500. She played it off as if the group was having fun while taking pictures.

I took a step to the side and continued gazing as they eat their meal. I didn't want to disrupt her while they were eating and talking.

Chase's friend, which I don't remember his name, took a bite of his catfish and kept his gaze down at a paper in his hand. But then I'd catch him staring at Luna, looking at her every few seconds.

"I was wondering," the blond-haired man said, glancing between Luna and Chase. "Have you two decided on a venue for the big day?"

"Not exactly," Luna replied, taking a bite of her salad. I'm sure she didn't want to talk about the wedding right now. She looked exhausted and wore out from her day at work. It was a Friday evening in Louisiana, and the restaurant was packed with customers.

Chase took a sip of his sweet tea and laid it back down, then opened his mouth. "We were thinking about the beach in Florida, but that'll be tough with getting our families there at the same time."

She shook her head quickly. Luna didn't like the idea of having a wedding on the beach. She once said that she wouldn't be able to handle sand being stuck to her legs. I agreed with her.