·Chapter Nineteen·

🔸

Thank you, Tethered Readers, for your continued support! The author truly appreciates you all. I couldn't do this without you all! I do notice you guys... even my awesome silent readers!
🌺 OnceUponALily

 even my awesome silent readers! 🌺 OnceUponALily

*Luna*

"Here. Try this one. It's a carrot cake slice," Chase said, feeding me a piece of the cake next to him.

We'd been at the bakery for two hours already since earlier today, testing twenty different types of cakes. Geez-I'd never realized how many cakes there were for weddings and special events. I'd lost count of how many slices I took a bite of. I was always invited to weddings as the photographer, and I was never involved with checking which cake the bride would like to eat at the reception.

Today didn't start out the way I wanted, either. I wanted to wake up, bright and early, get a thirty-minute jog in and then go back home to prepare myself for the inevitable discussion that I have to have with Chase. But he surprised me with breakfast in bed, along with the morning paper sitting on a tray and an announcement of our upcoming wedding in two-and-a-half weeks.

Then to top it off, he insisted on taste testing cakes immediately. Next will be wine and alcohol. I haven't even had time to process what I wanted to say regarding the wedding. And it kind of aggravated me that he made an announcement of our engagement to the newspaper. Now we'll have many people we know R. S. V. P. for it.

Though, that was rather considerate-I must admit, but telling me beforehand would've been a lot better. I wouldn't have been surprised and felt obligated to join him right now. Sarah had already went to school and wasn't here to listen to what I wanted to tell him.

"After this, we should go shopping. Today, I want to spoil my love and make her feel special," Chase said between mouthfuls of different cakes. "Pamper you a little," he added, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I bowed my head and looked down in my lap. I wished I knew what to say to him right now. I would love to just open up and tell him that we should hold off on the wedding being so soon, but then he brought up plans to take me shopping. I needed to have this talk with him sooner rather than later, especially before the holiday arrived, but he had been so attentive to me lately. If he hadn't said his last statement, this would go a lot differently.

He had a big smile on his face after the baker came by and laid down a round vanilla cake with white icing on it. I could barely hold myself together, itching to go to the restroom to calm my nerves. It's a lot to take in at the moment.

"I guess we could. I know I'll be tired soon," I told him, cutting a piece of the velvet cake and taking a bite.

"Have you decided on what cake you like the best, Luna?" Finally. He said my name.

"I'm not sure yet. The strawberry slice was good. The chocolate one was my favorite. The chocolate one, maybe? I've eaten so many types that I can't remember which is which," I said, which caused him to choke out a laugh.