·(Book Two) Chapter One (Previous storyline)·

To every reader who began this journey by reading Tethered Souls and thought, paranormal love across the world? Sure. Why not? I've read juicier stuff. And then ended up loving Amir and Luna and their crew of wonderful Souls as much as I do. This is for you. Thank you. You have kept our
Tethered Connection alive. 👥

.
.
.

*Luna*

*Luna*

*August 2019*

I've never given too much thought about my future. I have loved very few people in my life, and I have always adored raising my daughter, Sarah, to be a wonderful and caring young woman. I've also found a new love with someone I never thought would be possible. Amir Khan.

He showed me what true love was.

One day he came to me and surprised me. In that exact moment in time I wasn't available to explore something deeper with him, but I couldn't turn my feelings off, and I wouldn't have tried even if I wanted to. Once he turned the keys into my ignition, I knew I didn't mind him staying in the driver's seat. Being with him has had many curves thrown between us, but none of those meant anything.

We'd always find our way back to each other, despite everything.

A few days ago, Faisal came to my side while I was in the middle of a dream with my husband. Then he gave me some devastating news; news that crushed my inside like someone stabbed me directly in the heart.

Amir's memories were gone.

I couldn't understand it at first, and I was livid, but I realized later that somehow the liquid Chase injected in me-his Elimination Serum-was suppose to eliminate my connection to Amir. However, it didn't do that. It did something else.

As Amir gazed passionately into my eyes, his hands cupped around my cheeks, I heard a soft, masculine voice echoing in my head. "Luna!"

My eyes sprung open, and I noticed Faisal rushing toward my side. He took my hand and held it tight, his eyes red and glossy. He'd been sobbing for hours, I could tell. And he was here with me in spirit. I gazed around and saw that I was in a hospital, realizing I was dreaming about Amir, even though it felt so real.

Oh, no. Chase admitted me again. How will I get out of this? I don't even know where I am.

"Faisal, where am I?" He frowned and gave me a grave face.

Then he shook his head, slowly. "I'm not sure. The only thing we know is Sweden. The county's flag is stitched into your sleeve," he murmured, and I looked down, gazing at the blue background with a gold Nordic cross on it. He shifted a little, and I brought my eyes back to his. "Luna, what is the last thing you remember?" he asked me, scooting downward where we were eye level.