·(Book Two) Chapter Eleven (Previous Storyline)

Thank you, my Tethered Bunch, for reading

Thank you, my Tethered Bunch, for reading. You guys are the best. 😇

*Luna*

Cami and I stood next to the stove in the cabin as we continued to hug each other. Only she could pull off wearing head-to-toe polka dots and still look ravishing in them. Her glorious light brown curls bounced around her face as her sparkling hazel eyes illuminated from the light above us. Even in pajamas, she made me look dull with my puffy eyes and nappy hair tied in a ponytail. 

Cami finally let go and picked up her wooded spatula, continuing with her early morning cooking. "Sorry. I was in the middle of making breakfast and I suddenly felt the need to see you," she said, a huge smile across her face. 

I stared at her attempt to not burn the eggs and wondered how best to guide her in cooking them properly without hurting her feelings. But at least she was trying, and that was enough. Burnt eggs weren't that bad. "That's okay. I'm glad you came to me." I peered over at the clock as it read five-thirty in the morning. "You're cooking early." 

"Well, Faisal is still asleep and will wake up shortly for his morning prayers. And Sarah sometimes wakes up around seven to watch cartoons. So, I figured after everyone went to bed and three hours of sleep that I'd surprise everyone. We all take turns making the meals and doing security around here." 

She scraped out a few eggs onto a plate and threw away a half-burned section into the trash. I gazed around and saw a few boxes lying in the corner, one marked 'Seven-Day Meal Supply.'

"Max and the guys boxed our food whenever we leave here. We have a few months' worth of food set aside for us," she said after noticing my eyes wandering around the room. 

"Where are all of you leaving, if it's okay to ask?" I keep forgetting that I shouldn't know too much. Chase and his minions could tap into my mind at anytime.

Grabbing a glass and filling it with some orange juice, she gulped a big sip and turned my way. "To get you, silly. You are our mission, Luna." Cami ambled toward a small table beside a window and sat down, then I joined her. "As soon as everything goes as planned, we'll be on our way. About twelve of us. Maybe more." 

Gazing around the kitchen, I stared at the country-style interior, feeling the homey essence inside the cabin. It made me miss home even more. I also didn't want to uproot everyone on the account of me. We only needed a few people to get us out, and everything would be alright; I hope. 

"Twelve?" 

She leaned forward and took a huge bite of her eggs. "Yeah. We aren't sure the exact number, yet. I know we have Cyrus, Gabi, Enya, Fe'ya, Mila and Raj Petel, Max, Raul, Ahmed and Faisal, along with a few other allies who are all willing to do what they can to break you out. Cassidy Kwan will arrange the flight details for us. We just have to let her know when."