·Chapter Twelve·

*Amir*

*February 14, 2019*

As I strolled through Luna's studio hallway, I took a short glimpse at her in the mirror of her washroom, gazing down at the ring I sent to her a week ago. It was a gold band with an inscription on it and a red diamond heart. I also notice her wearing my necklace, which made me feel giddy inside.

Her beautiful flower dress and black heels looked stunning on her, and her pale pink nail polish on her fingernails were neat and shiny. She had her beautiful hair curled and was fluffing it out into different ways as she continued to model herself. I even heard her practicing what to say to me when we see one another. I silently laughed to myself as I stood still, thinking about another first holiday together for us. We have a date planned for tonight. Well, it was night time for me and early morning for her.

It's Valentine's Day, and we planned to go out into The Big Easy, exploring downtown, but also go on a date in Islamabad. Chase was apparently out of town on a business trip, and Sarah was with Mera and her family for the evening. And the last time Luna and I were out in her city was in December, so today was perfect. I had the day off, too.

Before seeing her, I showered and bathed, then pulled on a nice-looking tux with a brown shirt underneath. Then I trimmed my beard just the way she enjoyed it and parted my hair to the side after spraying a dash of cologne on my wrist. I wanted to look and feel extra special this evening, hoping it made my girl happy. One would think I was getting ready to propose to a woman, but that wasn't it at all. I couldn't get enough of her smile and the goodness that oozed within her.

We spent the last few weeks either in her studio or doing something fun somewhere in both of our countries. It was kind of difficult at times because Sarah had fallen ill one time, and then Chase came down with the same thing. Once we were alone together, she suggested that we should do something for our first Valentine's Day. So here we are.

We'll probably just drive around and view both of our worlds, stay lost in the moment, and enjoy each other's company. Whatever we do, it will be amazing, because being around Luna was amazing. I arranged a candlelight setting on my hilltop under my gazebo with lights and small tea-light candles settled around it. I couldn't wait to show her when we get to my house.

As I slowly strolled toward the doorway, she cautiously turned around and gaped my way. Her hair flowed across her shoulders as she smiled widely, striding towards my waist.

"Good afternoon, Luna," I said, glancing down at the jewelry I sent her. I loved seeing her wear my gifts. "You look stunning."

"Thank you. So do you." She smiled and gazed down at her ring. "I love the ring. You're great with shopping. If only you were here, and we'd go shopping all the time."

"I know how to please. And if the jewelry pleases you, then that makes me thrilled," I said, biting my lip as we held hands.

She giggled quietly. "You could send a penny and I'd find love in that."

"Are you trying to tell me something? You need some money?"

She burst out laughing and shook her head. "I've never been a woman who had an agenda for being with somebody. I appreciate anything you send my way."