·Chapter Sixty-Nine Part 1·

*Luna*

*Luna*

As I groan and wake in my bed, I noticed my legs were tangled in Amir's, and the sheet was twisted around his waist. It was the day before our wedding, and he prepared everything for us. Last night we ended up having a romantic candlelight dinner on the rooftop, followed by a private concert he performed for me. It was so sincere and sweet. Since being admitted into that insane facility, I hadn't had any wine, but last night was different. We had a long discussion about alcohol, and I am okay with abstaining from it. What I did with my body affected him.

As I laid here and marveled at how exquisite this man was, I reflected back on the last few days. After Cassie and Faisal injected their antidote, it had proved to be working. They were splashing each other in the pool while Cami was in there playing with them. So two pairs have now taken that serum, and neither have started any convulsions, or foaming of the mouth as we all researched. Raul, Mera, and Darren travel into town to shop for everyone. And each of the men in the house took turns for us to do security, maintenance, and anything else that was needed. Amir had been the only exception of not doing any guard duty since our big day was tomorrow.

Early Monday morning, we told the group that we were indeed engaged. Then we spilled the beans that it will be this Friday. We received shocked faces and quick glances from everyone, but nothing was better than hearing Sarah yell, "Yay! Papa!" Amir was her papa, and that made me feel better. Yesterday, she asked about Daddy Chase, and I told her that he and mommy weren't going to see each other anymore. She frowned, but then she said she figured something was wrong when he waited on Aunty Lib to pick her up one day. I told Sarah he was just looking out for me, which was far from the truth. She was not old enough to understand these things.

Ahmed was able to get in touch with my father again, and he told me that Chase and Dr. Kim went to his house in Los Angeles to inform him on my escape. My father stood up for me and told them he knew nothing and that he didn't care. I know my father was just saying that, but I still felt happy that he kept our location private. We discussed my "quick" romance with Amir and how I'm totally ready to become his wife. Dad said he was actually happy for me, and he seemed to be okay with it. He asked a few questions about where we'll live and what else Amir could do for work. He mentioned about his contact he knew in England who could get Amir a job, but I told my dad to wait on that. So we chatted for five minutes that day, and then I let him go. I had to get off the phone, so we weren't tracked.

Amir called his family, and I spoke to them in clear Urdu. They were excited, welcoming, and so happy to know that Amir had found happiness. I told them I was happy too. His parents asked about Sarah and her biological father, so I explained that he was in Pakistan when he died. And then I explained that Amir was the one who tried to resuscitate Sam. Amir's parents pleaded for me to stop, hearing the slight sadness coming from my throat. I almost wept over the phone, but his family was very comforting. I have a great feeling about them, and hopefully we can travel there. They'll be our family. And it was a warm feeling.