·Chapter Thirty-Four·

*Luna*

*Luna*

After I connected to Amir for a moment and let my dreams of becoming Mrs. Amir Khan slip through my lips, my stomach started aching again, and this aching had become more painful. The worst of it was not being able to go back to him. When I tried, something prevented it. I wanted to explain myself more, that I do want to marry him, but I didn't want to sound pushy or forceful about it. And also, I'm a traditional kind of woman who liked the idea of the man proposing. When it's two men or two women proposing to the other, it can be from either of them. But for me and the man I know in my heart that I was destined to be with, I'd like for a proposal to be from him.

Now I wished I'd looked into how they performed weddings in Pakistan. I'm sure they were lovely and immaculate, like from a fairytale. Of course, I'd be the kind of person who'd want all of our families to meet and get to know each other ahead of time. Some people may not want that, considering how some families are, but I would love to officially meet Amir's parents, followed by Faisal and their extended family. I don't care how strange it may sound, but it'll keep me sane while I'm in here if I daydreamed of our wedding one day. If only I had a lock of Amir's hair to tie the ends together to be my ring. The only thing I needed right now.

And to think, I was on the verge of almost getting married to someone who had me fooled. Amir wasn't like Chase, and I know he'd never do anything to hurt me. I still couldn't believe how fooled I was throughout the years with Chase. Something was always off, and I guess it took being sexually assaulted and admitted into a hospital against my will to finally wake up. I'm woke now. At least that was something.

Slowly walking out of the bathroom and making my way back to my table with Cami, I smiled at her as I remembered what she said before I took off. My heart was beating fast for two reasons: her admission to me for being a tethered soul, and the agony I sensed from Amir earlier.

When she revealed to me about who she was, I was curious about her. And about how she knew that I was. I didn't tell her, but maybe she sensed my aura like everyone else was able to do. I so couldn't wait to have that gift. Just to know that while you were standing in a line at the checkout counter, you'd sense another soul like yours. That fellow customer was able to experience everything you do, and that connection would be something to bring two strangers together.

"I thought I was in the mood for spaghetti, but I guess I wasn't," Cami said, staring at her plate as I sat across from her. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," I replied, and glared down at her food. "The spaghetti doesn't look bad."

"Oh, it's not. I guess it's because I saw some of the others with meatloaf and pizza for their selections. You'd like the pizza here." She stuck her fork into her salad and swallowed a bite. Then exhaled a deep breath. "Just so you know, the food is actually good. That's one of the best things about being here."