·Chapter Fifty-Five·

*Amir*

*Amir*

As soon as I stepped into the lounge for the employees, I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding. We have to get out of here. The girls have to escape. Tomorrow. That was all I could think about.

Not later.

I hadn't seen Cami in person, yet. She was always transferred from one floor to the next, and connecting to her telepathically hadn't worked. It was the poison; the pills they feed them. I wanted to ease her mind and let her know Faisal and I came for them. He hadn't seen her in days either. So while I was at the computer and able to get access to Cami's location with no one to see me, I browsed through the patient files to see exactly what was happening with her. 

I know Luna was in her room on the top floor. At least she was safe from any treatment in here. And Chase's son, Matthew, was back in the children's ward—strapped to a bed—with Chase right beside him. 

I'm looking more closely to Matthew  and his patient file now. The child had some issues, but I would've never guessed he was like us. I didn't even sense anything unusual about him on the first day here, not a damn thing other than the way his aura felt, but I noticed he seemed more comfortable around Luna. But that's also because Luna had the best calming aura oozing off her. She could make anyone feel calm and at ease. 

And honestly, I didn't even care about who Matthew's father was. Knowing he was like us only meant that he should be saved too, but we can't just run off with someone else's child in tow, as much as I would like for that to be possible. What mattered the most was that there were tethered souls in here who were being treated horribly, and this needed to stop. 

Knowing that disturbed the hell out of me, and it also angered me.

When I noticed a staff member cross in front of the doorway, I sat up and stood to my feet. I didn't want anyone to know that I saw where Cami was, which was her room on the seventh floor. I'll be making a visit later to tell her we are here. 

As I walked down the vacant hallway and glanced at the cameras that were facing the room Luna was in, I slightly knocked and whispered in a soft tone. "Ms. Carlyle?" 

Somehow my spidey senses went into full bloom, and I could feel her excitement when she heard my sound. Oh, her aura just flew through the cracks of the door and landed against my skin. It was like a soft blanket  covering me. It felt so good. 

I casually opened the door, then peered my head around the corner. 

Her face was pale. "I can't believe Chase." 

"I know. And it's his son, of all people." 

"I want to vomit," she said as I closed the door behind us.