·(Book Two) Chapter Five (Previous Storyline)·

♡ Rated-R Scene Ahead ♡  A huge surprise is coming up! The biggest twist of all! 😁

  A huge surprise is coming up!
The biggest twist of all! 😁

*Luna*

As I rouse from a heavy slumber, I am first aware of the coolness of the air and its loamy fragrance. The sound of birds chirping in the distance was strong, and the feeling of a soft breeze flowing hit against my skin. I couldn't recall falling asleep, but now, as I glance around at my surroundings, I realized that I was not awake. Not in reality. I was still at the hospital, lying in my bed, asleep. And in my dream I was inside of Mera's home in Louisiana.

I rolled onto my side, struggling to keep my eyes open and for my fuzzy brain to clear. I could feel the medicine pumping through my veins, even in my sleep.

Bright sunlight spilled in through the open glass windows as lacy, white curtains dangled playfully from the outside breeze. And a soft chime from the wind chime sounded as I brought my legs over the bed, placing my feet on the floor.

Oh crap. 

Gasping, I ran my fingers through my hair and felt my heart pounding. 

Amir wasn't near me, and I began panicking, thinking I was hooked up to a machine and Chase was sitting there monitoring me. Yesterday came back to me in a rush-running off; the conversation between Dr. Kim, the nurse, and my soon-to-be-dead ex-fiancé. He said... he threatened that if I was faking my amnesia, it would be the biggest mistake I'd ever made. I wondered what he meant. Could I be monitored?

Probably. There was no telling when it came to Chase.

My cheeks burned at the memory of his hand on my breast, taking advantage of me in any way he could. There were so many things that I wanted to say—do—but I didn't have time or energy to give him a peace of my mind. The medicine kicked in shortly after they left my room. And that wasn't all. I was sure something will happen to me soon, but this time I wanted to be prepared. Did they still believe I had no memory? If so, would it work to my advantage? God, I hoped so. 

I scanned the room and remembered all the moments Amir and I stayed in here together. I remembered how it felt when we had our first night in this bed, but then I frowned when the memory came back to the moment I was with him before being woken by Faisal. How was my family? Friends? How are our allies? What was the progress on them getting me out of here? 

So many questions I had and-

"Hey, Moon." I must've been in a heavy slumber after hearing his voice outside my door. But then I was shocked when I saw his beautiful dark head walk around the corner of the doorway. "Are you going to come down and eat? I made your favorite." 

My heart tripped. In my dream, Amir was in the kitchen and cooking my favorite meal. I felt pampered. "Come on before your coffee and food gets cold."