·Chapter Thirty-Three·

*Amir*

*Amir*

Seventy-Two hours, twenty-two minutes, and ten seconds had passed since the incident with Luna at the hospital. She decided that it was better to shut me out and separate us, so I wouldn't become affected with whatever crap went down at that insane hospital she was stuck in. Forty-two hours, Forty-Four minutes, and fifteen seconds since I last laid my eyes on her. Since the Twenty-Eighth of May, Luna had been in the hands of that institute.

Each second, each minute, and each hour that kept ticking had driven me fucking crazy. 

Faisal had me locked up in my room, so I wouldn't leave the country and rescue my girl. It felt like I was in a cell and I was cut off from life. But staying in here hadn't stopped me. I'd escape and mentally connect to others that I'd come in contact with. Including him. Cassie as well. Even Cyrus. Talking to Cyrus helped me more. He was born to be a psychologist.

Each time Faisal connected to Luna, I'd pull him away every five seconds to get an update. I needed some news to soothe my aching soul. I knew she was miserable. I wished that I could be there now with her and take the pain they were doing to her. She didn't deserve any of this. Chase did, and we'll all team up and tranq him until he was old and gray. I don't care.

I'm coming for her, then him

Bitter anger surged through me, melting up my insides like acid as I came up with strategies to get her out. I wanted to leave before, but I can thank Cassie for talking me out of it. She said, "Get a work visa to go to different hospitals in Louisiana. Then find the one Luna is in and work there." I thought that plan could work, but Faisal being Faisal calmed me down. So we're now discussing different ways to save her. Luna had a part in that, in stopping me from coming out to her. Faisal let it slip out when he was talking to Cassie outside and didn't know I heard his conversation. My baby was worried about me while I was worried about her. It was cosmic.

Right now, I was coming up with ways to torture Chase. Oh, yeah. Bury him in the ground, throw hot coils on his face, or string him up on a tree and do whatever I wanted to him. Maybe chop off his manhood? He took my Luna away from me, and that was a big mistake. 

Even though she cut things off from continuing a life with me, she was still my girl, and I'd do whatever I could to protect her. Her choosing him over me meant nothing anymore, and I couldn't wait to see her and let her know that I still loved her no matter what.

She tried to block it out, but I accessed her mind the other day. I saw what that animal did to her in Liberty's guest bedroom. The scene that played out in my head almost caused me to lose myself and hunt Chase down, but I didn't need to focus on that. I needed to set her free and then find his rancid soul. He took advantage of her, and he was a dead man walking. Nobody harms my Moon and gets away with it. Nobody.