♜Chapter Eighty-One Part 2♜

*Amir*

*Amir*

As I was about to hop up and open the door to expose myself, I watched as Chase placed both of his hands around Luna's forehead, with his eyes closed. My head started feeling weary and a swirly sensation came over me.

The memory of how I felt when she came off an elevator in the lobby of a hotel in Islamabad came to mind. She wore a black blouse and black slacks with a dark head wrap settled around her head. She was carrying Sarah when she was a newborn and made my body light up inside. I was sitting on a couch near a large flat screen TV with some news playing in the background. Luna stopped for a moment to listen to it until the baby cooed, and then she took out a pink baby bottle to feed her.

I giggled, and then the baby started crying a little. Luna smiled my way and spoke before I did.

"Hello," she murmured, gazing my way.

"Assalamualaikum," I said, smiling.

Her cheeks flushed. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you just said. I can't speak the language here."

I slightly laughed, unable to take my eyes off her. She was the most gorgeous creature I'd ever laid my eyes on. We hadn't even exchanged our names yet.

I moved an inch closer, laying my elbows on my knees. "I was just saying a greeting our people say to each other around here. It means, peace be upon you."

"Oh. That's nice. Thanks, I guess?" She chuckled as she glanced around. "I don't want to sound rude, but I'm glad to know that you can speak and understand English." I laughed. "I mean, I've heard many people speak English, but-"

"No. It's okay." I glanced down at her baby and marveled at her. "What is her name?"

"Sarah. Sarah Marie Davidson. Or maybe Carlyle. I haven't decided yet." Luna graced Sarah's cheeks with her fingertips. "Her father's name was Samuel Davidson. He recently passed away here."

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that." I looked down into my lap, breaking our gaze.

I remember now the reason I was in that hotel lobby. I was told that the man I tried to save had his widow visiting the country, so she could view his body and see where he died at. I had to come up with something to try not to sound like a stalker. So I asked her, "Was he by chance an American who was visiting Pakistan?"

Great. That didn't sound suspicious at all.

But she still nodded back, a few tears slipping from her eyes. "Yes. He had a tumor in his brain, apparently inoperable, but he had hope when a set of scientists said they could check him out."