·Chapter Five·

Muaazics

The character Cyrus Shah is inspired by my friend who this chapter is dedicated to. I am so lucky to have crossed paths with Muaaz! Elemorts is amazing!!! 🌍

 I am so lucky to have crossed paths with Muaaz! Elemorts is amazing!!! 🌍

*Amir*

*Amir*

*November 13, 2018*

I kept a clean grip on my pool stick as I aimed it toward the white cue ball. Faisal and I are at a local pool hall with Cyrus, who was winning by four points.

I hit the ball and had three of my solids fall into the corner sockets. While playing a game with the boys, I couldn't stop thinking about her—Luna Carlyle. I hadn't seen her since I last spoke to her, which was a week and a half ago. I knew that was bad, but I took Faisal's advice about distancing myself from her. Maybe I needed to take a breather.

And he was right. There was just something about her that seemed natural between us, and somehow familiar. I don't know what it could be yet.

And Sarah... her daughter is beautiful and very sweet. I felt an immediate connection to her when I saw her at their home and at the park. Of course, there wasn't anything I could say the second I saw Chase. Why should I? He met her first. Lucky guy.

Faisal tapped me on my shoulder and interrupted my thoughts, excusing himself to answer a phone call. So I glanced back at Cyrus as he laid his pool stick down.

"Hey, man, do you want to go grab a drink at the counter with me? Maybe something to eat?" he asked me.

I shrugged. I wanted to eat, but my stomach wasn't really hungry. I'm urging to visit Luna for a little while, but I'm also trying to give us space and sort my head out.

Plus, I am a little confused about what my cousin told me. I want to meet her one day, in person, but I don't think that'll be a possibility. Our species doesn't do that with the ones we are paired for. I could try to chat with Cyrus about his connection to a young Italian woman he is paired with. I think they're also dating. Which wouldn't be that hard to do by living in separate countries?