·Chapter Fifty-Seven·

*Luna*

*Luna*

I woke up, gasping for air, half expecting it to burn deep inside my chest, for the pain to still be there, running through every ounce of my body.

But ironically, I didn't feel sore. I felt... okay. Slightly aching, a small headache, but overall, I was okay. Strangely, I felt a little detached from what Dr. Kim did, and as I continued to lie still, I could still feel their hands holding my wrists and ankles.

"Moon, I'm here. I am here, baby. I'm going to make this right. We will escape. Soon," Amir said to me. I didn't know where he was when he said it, but I know I heard it. It couldn't have been a dream.

An ugly wave of emotions and hopelessness rattled inside my stomach. What this place did to find out the source of my "delusions" was terrifying.

I felt icky and uncomfortable in my own skin, knowing I probably screamed out many details while being under the simulation. I forced my eyes open and slightly adjusted myself in my space.

Oh God, I couldn't feel my arms or legs right now. My whole body felt shut down. I glanced around at my surroundings and noticed that I was on the seventh floor in my old room. I guess they brought me here instead of the Orange floor.

Amir was lying beside me with his eyes snapped shut. He wore an all white outfit with long sleeves and gold buttons going down the middle. His face looked drained and pale, probably because he felt the same shocks as I did. I wanted to block him out from feeling anything. I guess it didn't work. I couldn't shield him from any pain. His skin didn't look as bronze as it had before because the treatment must've drained his body to the core. Several strands of wavy hair stuck around his forehead, while his lips were slightly parted. I couldn't believe how wore out he looked. And I couldn't believe he and I were in my old room, in my bed. Wasn't there a camera in the air vent?

Maybe he disabled it.

His chest rose steadily and calmly, but fear still flowed through my body.

I slowly yanked myself up, placing my fingers around my sore temples, feeling a slight pain. Then I leaned on one elbow and laid a hand over his chest, feeling his heart beat speed up under my palm, knowing it was because of me.

As I gazed at my sleeping prince, many saddening emotions ripped through me once again, encased with hatred and hardening up into a small ball of rage and bitterness. My hand curled into a fist next to his chest.

The treatment that was done to me was excruciating, and if Amir felt any of that pain, so help me God that I didn't find a blow-torch and hunt Chase down like the ravaged animal he was. And Dr. Kim sure as hell would be next in line, followed by all the staff members who took part in everyone's treatments around here.