·Chapter Twenty-Six·

Like I said from the beginning

Like I said from the beginning... things become twisted in the storyline. And Chase shows his true
colors here. 😒

*Amir*

Faisal and I sat outside on my patio and gazed at the evening sun. I've been missing Luna since we last saw each other in Houston several days ago, and I flew back home and hung out with my cousin.

When I left her side, I resisted on checking in. After doing it for so long, I felt like an animal in a small cage and couldn't break free. We'd decided that it was best for her to reach out to me when she felt like it, and then we'd discuss where I'll fly to next for her gift around the world. At first it was Egypt, then it was Cancun, Mexico, and the last place she mentioned was Fiji. So I'm leaving the ball in her court.

She hadn't tried to reach out to me, and it was odd. For some strange reason, I couldn't connect to her. Did she block me out, permanently? 

She couldn't. She wouldn't. Now I know how she and everyone else felt when I took my mini holiday to France. My stomach twisted in knots at the thought of something happening to her.  She often spoke about grabbing Sarah and going to London for a while if things didn't go too well with telling Chase about us. We made plans to try to meet somewhere in between in case anything happened. Because she wanted to cover herself. She was like me who wanted to plan ahead and make sure she and Sarah were settled before opening up to him. Neither of us knew how he'd take it, and I just wanted to know how she's doing and how it went, if she told him anything.

God, do I miss her. It felt like I haven't seen sunlight in a year. I hoped that she and Sarah were all right. Both of them are precious jewels, they need to stay safe and be well-protected. 

Faisal smiled and laughed at a video he was watching from YouTube on his phone. Then he tapped my elbow and motioned me to glance down at it. 

"What did you and Luna see while y'all were in Texas?" He adopted her southern word like I have. It was funny when men like us said a southern slang. He actually sounded funny when speaking it. 

"Downtown Houston and the Zoo. Also to the Space Station," I replied. 

He informed me that while I was in Paris, he was in Nigeria. Once he told me where, I knew the research center that he was at. And I wasn't too thrilled about it. Dr. Bankole is not to be trusted with experiments. I've worked on many projects alongside him, and he was a shady person. Whatever he and Faisal had worked on would probably fail. Whatever formula he is concocting in that lab of his is not a good sign. I don't really doubt Faisal's work, but the man he worked with. I've seen all of his experiments fail, and I hoped he didn't get my cousin into anything illegal. Then he'd be in trouble and I'd have to bail him out.

Faisal grinned and said, "I will see if there are any videos of Texas on here. I'm sure there are a lot." 

He swiped his finger into the search box and typed in for videos of Downtown Houston. There were dozens of videos as he browsed through a few and then clicked on one that was familiar to me.