·Chapter Twenty-Nine·

*Luna*

*Luna*

My soul felt like it was on fire for the hundredth time after waking up. This time was worse than the time when Chase tried to molest me. Or when I realized what a jerk he'd always been. I knew I was still strapped to a bed in a mental ward, because the cells in my body crawled around like they couldn't find a place to settle. Maybe they weren't able to. It was like I was tied to a log that rolled over a campfire in circles, and my soul wasn't at ease anymore. And I kept feeling a wetness building up around my eyelids.

Tiny tears formed, with no way to stop them from falling.

They were tears of anger and fury—a fiery wrath of pain so potent that I could taste the bitterness in the back of my throat. Or maybe I just gnawed so much on the inside of my cheek and it was actually blood.

The memories of what happened at Liberty's house continued to hit me like a bomb blew up around me. I despised Chase now. I hated what he did. And I hated how he threw me in hospital where I have to pretend to be better for them so I could exit this place. I couldn't see Amir or sense him anymore. He couldn't connect to me because of the shit they were giving me. It was heartbreaking, not being able to gaze into his luminous eyes and see my companion. My true soulmate.

That's right. He was always my soulmate.

I wished that I did something about that sooner. I should've made up my mind about Chase and Amir a long time ago. But I think I'd always known deep down that Chase wasn't meant for me. There were signs everywhere, but I was stubborn, thinking that I could try to make it work with him. I was wrong. Dead wrong. And now Amir's life was in jeopardy. Whatever they inject into me was weighing him down, too, and that killed me the most by being in this situation.

And Amir was such a great person, planning to fly around the world to all the places I'd only dreamed of visiting. He wanted to do that for a wedding gift for me, and Paris was just the beginning. His heart and soul was the most beautiful essence I'd ever had the pleasure of being close to, and just thinking about him in his physical and mental state right now tore me up. All our memories and words that we ever shared together flew through my mind like I pressed the repeat button on my playlist. And there was no way I'd ever press the 'stop' button. If I would have known that I was being watched by Chase or anyone else, I would have been more discreet around Amir and Faisal.

I could see Amir smiling about it now. I scolded him a few weeks ago about not being discreet on talking to me in public, and here I am in a hospital because of that exact thing.

Why wasn't I careful?

I wondered how Amir was right now. God, that man was my life-source. I needed him like I needed the air I breathe, and nothing will ever take me away from him. Granted, we have our differences, and our personal spiritual differences, but none of that mattered when you know who your soulmate is. He believed Allah paired us together, and I am not in no condition to believe otherwise. Because whoever or whatever paired us two knew exactly what they were doing.