·(Book Two) Chapter Seven (Previous Storyline) ·

*Luna*

*Luna*

I wasn't sure how to react to Amir's one word. "Moon." I was still shaken and unsure why I ended up beside him. One minute I was chatting to Haley, and the next, I felt his soul pulling me toward him. The howling wind from the outside and the darkness creeping in felt icky and scary that sent chills down my spine. The room, though, was calm and quiet. Peaceful. I turned my body to face him and curved my lips into a tiny smile.

Eyes the color of honey mixed with dark chocolate stared into mine. Eyes familiar and beautiful connecting to my heart. 

Amir. 

He had to be in there. Somewhere.

Clenching the blanket to his chest, he sat up slowly and ran a hand through his hair. He wore a plain white tee-shirt and white pants. Maybe I somehow fell asleep at some point, and I could still dream, because it didn't seem real until he uttered his nickname for me. His eyes bore into mine as if I was a stranger in his bed. 

"Um, did... did you just say what I think you said?" I cleared my throat, but the words came out foggy and a raspy, like I was trying to sound seductive and sounding like I'd asked my crush if he asked me out. All the pain that I felt while talking to Chase and seeing Sarah's image on his phone had my nerves shaking and rattled.

I glanced around the room he currently lays in and admired the beautiful interior of the cabin in the middle of the woods in Texas. The TV was turned on and the volume was low, so low that you could barely hear anything coming from the I-HOP commercial that was playing. Damn. I missed pancakes, grits and egg-whites for breakfast. 

I glanced back at Amir as he lowered his gaze. Then I looked over at the alarm clock on an end table. It was close to one in the morning here. Chase visited me around six am, Sweden's time? Seriously? 

"Did you call me, "Moon?""

"No, I didn't. I was looking at the moon outside."

I turned my neck and gazed outside. The moon was in the shape of a crescent — our favorite kind 
— and it was beautiful and bright. "Oh." 

He cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I yelled that. I didn't mean to scare you." 

"You think you scared me?" 

"If it did, I'm sorry. I hope the babies weren't affected." He stared at me as his soul was embracing mine, knowing the status that I was in.

"You can sense them?" I squeaked, almost whispering. 

"I can," he said, inching closer to my body. "It's hard to describe. In my heart I know you are Luna, and we are married. I can feel two little heartbeats' beating so lightly in their mother's womb. But... I... I just can't recollect anything else about us."