·Chapter Fifty-Three·

*Luna*

*Luna*

I rose up from my bed and stretched my arms and legs. I felt calmer knowing Amir was nearby. He was probably somewhere in the building right now. I silently grinned to myself and flopped backwards, squirming around like a schoolgirl in love. Amir was close to me, and that made me feel even more excited.

I wonder if I'll be able to see him today.

It was July 4th—America's birthday. I had plans for today that I made a weeks ago. But Chase ruined things for me. However, instead of being sad and depressed that I couldn't be with Sarah and enjoy fireworks with her, I will focus on getting through this day and the time I have left here. My days were numbered because of my Amir.

Listening to the doorknob turn, I brought myself back up and stared at the door, my nerves shaking. No telling if it was Dr. Kim or a nurse who was coming to pump me up with more medicine, or send me to another wing of the hospital. If only I could lay my eyes upon my hero. The door inside this hellhole opened gradually, and I stiffened in my spot. 

As I peered to the doorway, Sergeant Decker and Nurse Smith strolled in, accompanied by another guard and my Arabian Prince. God, he was so attractive in his dark blue trousers, white shirt, and red blazer. He went all out to be patriotic. And his hair... Ahh, I just wanted to run my fingers through those beautifully styled strains. I even saw a little Pakistan flag pendant on his collar, which caused me to feel elated at how honorable this man was. Truly, one of a kind.

"Good morning, Ms. Carlyle," Nurse Smith said with a jolly grin. Aside from the guards wearing their military uniforms, even she was patriotic. "How did you sleep?" 

I sighed. "Okay. I was just remembering this dream I had. I was out of this prison and in the arms of someone who truly loves me." I wanted to subtly let Amir know that he was on my mind. But I could sense he already knew that.

The nurse clapped her hands together and grinned, then placed them in front of her heart, looking like she just read a romantic story or some crap. "Aw. I am sure you and Mr. Marquette were happy in your dreams." 

I barked out a laugh and shook my head. Then I glanced at my baby. Even he snickered a little. "Um, no. Chase and I are over. In the words of Taylor Swift, we will never be getting back together. He is dead to me. So don't be thinking I was referring to him. He could die for all I care." 

"Now, Luna, you shouldn't be this upset with him. He's only looking after you." 

My grip on my sheets tightens as my eyes shifted over to Amir. He had his fist balled, and he looked like he was ready to hit something. "No. This isn't looking out for me. It's part of his control, nurse. He only wanted to keep me under his thumb, and this prison blew that up. I was done with him the moment we rode back into town on Memorial Day. He took advantage of me. He raped me!"