·Chapter Fifty·

*Amir*

*Amir*

I walked with this sorry excuse of a human who also claimed the role of a doctor and crossed through the threshold of the laboratory. This one was bigger than the other rooms, and it had more machines and tables in here. When I peered my gaze toward the back, I noticed a metal bed where there was a patient lying on it, with blond hair all over his or her face. I couldn't even see the gender of who it was that is getting a treatment done. I continued walking, getting acquainted with the staff, and followed the nurse around a set of tall tanks along a wall. The tanks I recognized—they were sleeper units for people who have sleep issues.

On the front of one tank, a name caught my eye.

L. Marquette

D.O.B.: 7-7-1995

Room 707

Date of last session: 7-1-2019

I felt bile rising in my throat. This didn't seem to be real. It couldn't be real. How could they do this? First, Chase kept Luna in here to keep control over her. And he also insists for his surname to be under everything. Now... now they had her in a sleep chamber for hours, I don't know how long. Was I dreaming? This crap didn't happen.

None of the other facilities I'd ever been to never had these machines. These were dangerous. And they could kill someone who used it if they weren't monitored properly. Machines like these helped people who were doctors or law enforcement and any occupation where you had to stay on your feet twenty-four, seven.

But why would they subject Luna to one of these?

I have read about this kind of thing in different countries where they did it for a scientific study. There were dozens of bodies in this laboratory that were in a chamber, asleep.

Oh God, it just hit me. They had her in here many times before when I couldn't connect to her. Not just me, but Faisal too. I'd send him on a Luna-Mission to find out her status when I couldn't connect to her. Sometimes he wouldn't be able to see her. My eyes started with the waterworks again. I'm breaking her out before the weekend begins, before our birthday. That was less than seventy-two hours from now.

I casually glanced at all the other information and was struck as I saw a few children and teens were in these chambers, sleeping for eight or ten hours at a time. I felt like I stepped into some kind of sci-fi movie and didn't know what to do.

This was mind boggling.

The nurse tapped my shoulder and gestured me to keep walking with her. Independence Day was tomorrow for the United States, and it was time to cause some fireworks of my own in this place. Luna and I had plans to celebrate both our country's Independence Day, but Chase and this facility messed everything up.