4

The door swung open and Harry, Malik and Payne were greeted by Harry's mother, Anne.

"You're finally here!" she exclaimed and took a step forward.

Harry prepared to hug his mother but stopped in place when she wrapped her arms around Malik and Payne. "Zayn, Liam, it's so nice to see you again! Im so glad you came."

"Our pleasure", they replied, hugging her back.

"Well hello to you too, mother", Harry said raising an eyebrow. "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

Anne let go of Malik Payne and turned to look at Harry, laughing.

"Oh, hush, you sassy boy and come here!" she said and spread her arms and gave Harry a big hug. She patted Harry's head and smiled widely. "Come inside, food is almost ready."

She disappeared and Harry followed Malik and Payne inside.

"I love your mother", Payne half-whispered while taking his jacket off.

Harry rolled his eyes and took off his jacket. He loved his mother too, of course, but he wasn't too fond of family dinners, especially when he had more important things to do. But, yet again, Payne and Malik had leave him no choice.

They walked into the living room and soon enough noticed Harry's older sister, Gemma, sitting on the couch. She turned her head and smiled at them.

"Well would you look at that! You actually managed to drag Harry here", she said to Payne and Malik and chuckled. She got up and pulled them in a group hug. "It's nice to see you all."

"Nice to see you too, Gemma", said Payne, smiling warmly.

"I see you haven't changed", said Malik, giving her a once over and grinning approvingly.

Gemma laughed.

"I see you have. New style, tattoos, new hair. Cheeky." She grinned. "You're quite a charmer nowadays."

Payne and Malik laughed and Malik said, "So it's working?"

"Oh, yes", Gemma laughed.

"Slow down there, Captain Jack Harkness. She's my sister", Harry warned and narrowed his eyes at Zayn. He knew this was Zayn and Gemma's own inside thing but still.

Gemma turned her attention to Harry. "My dear baby brother. How did they get you here? Violence? Blackmailing? Enlighten me."

Harry kissed his sister's cheek and walked towards the couch.

"What makes you think they had to force me here?" He sat down and glanced around, looking for their stepfather. "Is Robin here? I'd like to say hi."

Gemma motioned towards the kitchen. "In there with Mum. And I know that look in your face; you don't want to be here. Which means, you've something better to do."

She sat down next to Harry and eyed him for head to toe.

"But", she said, "since your love life is... well, it doesn't exist, it's only fair to assume that it's something work related. Tell me, are you having some interesting case going on?"

"She's good", Malik laughed.

Harry wasn't that amused.

Gemma raised her finger.

"I'm not done yet", she stated. "Since the only thing happening in London is those murders, I assume it has something to do with that. Are you close to revealing the murderer's identity?"

Harry shook his head.

"But I'm right, am I not?" Gemma asked. "Your case is somehow connected to Red Machete?"