24

"The family dinner is on Saturday", Harry said out of nowhere.

It was Wednesday morning and they had just have a meeting where Harry, Payne and Horan discussed about topics they should and or could write about in Century Creed's next number.

The topics were boring compared to their number about Grimshaw, Plague and Red Machete which they managed to get out despite of Zayn's death. It was their best number ever. Nothing could top that, especially since there was nothing exciting to write about.

"Oh", said Payne, not moving his gaze from the papers. "Are you going?"

Harry shrugged.

"I was hoping we could go", he said and looked at Horan. "You too, Niall."

"Really?" Horan's whole face lighted up. "I'd love to!"

Harry chuckled at the Irishman's enthusiasm. He turned his attention to Payne.

"What about you, Payno?"

He shrugged and said, "Of course I'll come."

"Great."

They continued doing their things and the silence filled up the room again. Harry didn't mind and he understood why everyone was so quiet; this Wednesday was the day when it became exactly one year since Zayn died. No one was in a mood to joke around or chat all the time. The mood in the office was heavy and melancholic.

No one dared to point out the elephant in the room, even though it was clearly there. They didn't want to talk about Zayn, that memory hurt too much to even think about.

"I'm hungry", said Horan suddenly. "Should we order in?"

"Sure", Payne and Harry said at the same time.

Niall Horan got up and dialed the familiar number. He walked in circles while ordered Chinese food. They had done this so many times that Niall remembered by heart what everyone was eating.

***

Harry felt frustrated. He wanted to do something, try to find Grimshaw but he had nothing. Nowhere to start. And that frustrated him more than anything else. Even Chinese food couldn't help him which was saying quite a lot.

Maybe he secretly hoped that Red Machete would try to contact him. Why exactly? He didn't know. Maybe because he wanted, needed, something exciting in his life again.

Things were too normal.

Too...boring.

"I'm off", Horan called as he walked towards the door. "See you guys tomorrow."

"Bye", Harry said, staring out of the window, lost in his thoughts.

"I'm going home, too", said Payne. "You're going to be alright, yeah?"

"Yes, yes."

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

"See you", Harry replied and Payne left Harry alone in the office.

He continued staring down the street and wondered where all the bad things had disappeared. And he realized that they hadn't disappeared. There were still politicians, polices, nurses and doctors doing illegal shit. There were still drug dealers. There were still assassins. Harry just wasn't in it anymore.

Of course he knew he should be happy about it. Embrace the normal life. The safe life. But he couldn't. As long as Grimshaw was still free he couldn't rest. He had promised Zayn he would catch Grimshaw and that's what Harry was going to do, sooner or later.

***

"I don't see Harry Styles here", Grimshaw said, glaring at Plague. "I thought you said your guys were going to handle it."

"They are. Just wait, he will be caught when the time is right", Plague replied.

Grimshaw was unhappy. He needed his revenge but things weren't going anywhere. No progress, nothing.

"Any sign of Tomlinson?" Grimshaw asked.

"None."

"Damn it", Grimshaw cursed. "Where the fuck is he?"