9

Harry's eyes snapped wide open in the middle of the night. For a second he thought why did that happen but then he realized that the moon had broke through the clouds and was lightning his room.

And there was someone leaning above him.

For a split second Harry saw ice blue eyes staring at him, and something silver flashing above him. Harry reacted by instinct, rolling on the floor just when a machete sunk into the spot where he had been lying just a few seconds ago. Harry stumbled on his feet, not even realizing that he was half naked. He stared at the black figure and blue eyes stared back.

"Fuck", Harry muttered. He owe an apology to Liam.

"How much do you know?" Red Machete asked, pulling his weapon off of the bed and staring at Harry. His voice sounded clear even though he had a scarf covering his mouth and nose.

Harry kept his eyes on the man while his brains were trying to figure out what to do.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Red Machete stepped closer, tilting his head slightly.

"Don't play dumb with me", he warned. "How much do you know?"

On one hand, Harry was proud that he had been right, again. They needed to know how much Harry knew before making their moves. On the other hand, Harry's heart was beating fast and he knew he wouldn't last long if Red Machete would attack him.

"I told you, I have no idea what you're talking about", Harry repeated, trying to get himself some time to figure how to get away.

"Liar", the black clothed man hissed and then lunged towards him.

Harry plunged aside head first, rolled on his feet and got a hard kick on his ribs. He bent down, gasping for air and then he got kneed in the face. Harry fell on his back and before he could move, there was a sharp blade on his throat. Harry froze.

"I ask you one last time", a calm voice said, and the man leaned closer. "How much do you know? Who are you working with?"

Harry breathed heavily.

"That was two questions", he said and then kicked the man in the stomach, making him stumble back. Harry quickly got up, leaped forward and smashed his fist on the mans face, making him stumble back even more and fell on Harry's bed. Without giving it a second thought, Harry turned around and ran out of his apartment, wearing only his boxers.

He didn't take the elevator, he used the stairs and stumbled out of the front door to the street. There was other people too, walking back home from the bar so Harry felt a tad bit safer when he started running again until he saw a taxi and motioned it to pull over. Once he was safely in the taxi, he peeked out of the window but didn't saw the black clothed man.

Damn, that was close. Harry sighed in relief and rubbed his face. Then he remembered what he was wearing and where he was. He dropped his hands and met the taxi driver's eyes.

There was silence for a moment until Harry said, "Just drive. Drive around. And can I use your phone?"

The taxi driver slowly turned his back to Harry, took his own phone from his pocket and handed it to Harry, not asking any questions. Harry thanked him as he took the phone and dialed Payne's number.

"Are you okay?" Payne sounded worried and fully awake.

"He found me", Harry said, "and I'm sorry, you were right. But I was too. He asked how much I know and who I work with. I think you might be targets now too. We are all in trouble."

"Fucking hell", said Payne and then yelled, "Zayn, wake the fuck up!"

"Get your families safe, get yourselves safe", Harry said, biting his finger nails. "We need to hide, keep on moving. Don't stay too long in one place. I didn't tell him a thing, so I should be the main target here but just in case. Go hiding."

On the background Harry heard muffled voices and moving and Malik asking what the fuck was going on.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck...", Payne cursed. "Fuck, Harry- is there anything we could do to help you?"

Harry sighed.

"No. I will contact you tomorrow, we have some serious thinking to do."

"And you have to explain everything", said Payne, pausing for a second. "Are you alright, though?"

Harry didn't answer right away.

"I'm alive." When Payne didn't say anything, Harry continued, "Look, I'll call you tomorrow, okay? We'll figure this out."

"...Okay."

"One more thing", Harry said. "Call Gemma. Tell her to get our family somewhere safe."

"Of course."

Payne was taking the whole thing surprisingly calmly and Harry was really glad about that. They couldn't start panicking now, they needed to focus.

"Thank you."

Harry ended the call and handed the phone back to the taxi driver, thanking him again and avoiding the eye contact.

"Should I, um... call the cops?" The taxi driver asked hesitantly.

"No", Harry said sternly, "but you could drive me to a motel, please."