38

Everything that happened next happened in a blink of an eye. Red Machete bent down, shot towards Grimshaw and Plague, at the same time kicking Harry's chair down. Grimshaw, Plague and Plague's man all fired their guns but missed their targets. Red Machete passed a small knife on Harry's hands, then he fired again his gun, leaped forward and knocked Plague's men down with his gun, then he kicked Plague in the head, making him stumble back and his gun was thrown a few meters away. Grimshaw tried to shot Red Machete but he moved too fast, grabbing Grimshaw's gun hand and pushing it aside, the bullet going on the wall. Red Machete kicked Grimshaw in the stomach and pulled his machete from Grimshaw.

That's when Plague came from behind and tried to grab Red Machete but he dodged him fast and kicked Plague, making him stumble on the ground. The man of Plague got up and fired a gun, the bullet going past Red Machete, making a cut on his arm. Red Machete swung his machete and the man dropped on his knees, his head falling off his shoulders. Red Machete had still a gun on his other hand when Grimshaw kicked him and the gun flew from his hand. Red Machete swung his machete put Grimshaw dodged it, backing away. Red Machete took a step closer but that's when he felt a gun pressing on the back of his head.

"Drop the machete", Plague hissed through his teeth. Red Machete closed his eyes briefly, angry at himself for not hearing Plague move behind him. Red Machete watched how Grimshaw backed away and then ran off, leaving Plague alone with him.

Red Machete dropped the machete and lifted his arms up. He felt Plague hitting him in the head and he fell on the ground, groaning. He heard Plague load his gun and that's when Plague screamed in pain. He rolled on his back, just to see Plague stumbling back, a knife on his thigh and Harry standing close, barely able to stay up and grimacing in pain.

Red Machete got up put that's when Plague pointed the gun again at him and shot. The bullet hit him in the shoulder and Red Machete dropped on his knee. That's when he saw Harry grab his machete and swung it, slicing Plague's hand. Plague dropped his gun and stumbled back, Harry plunged forward, grabbed Plague's gun and fired it, the bullet going straight through Plague's forehead, killing him instantly. He fell on the ground and Harry breathed heavily, dropping the gun. He stood unsteadily and his vision was blurry. He started to fall and felt arms grabbing him, and lifting him up bridal style. He heard the police sirens.

"Well isn't this a strange twist of faith", Red Machete said and that was the last thing Harry heard before falling into darkness.