13

Burger King may not seem the most obvious place to meet up but Harry couldn't deny the fact that it felt the safest. Even though it was getting late already there was lots of fast-food lovers, eating and chatting happily. It took him long time to get there since he had to make sure that no one was following him.

He arrived half an hour late and stood in front of the Burger King, eyeing his surroundings. Marina Chapman was no where to seen. Harry looked through a window but she wasn't inside either. After fifteen minutes Harry got really worried. He walked to a side alley, hoping that Marina was there, hiding from all the people that could recognize her.

It was dark when the street lights didn't light up Harry's way anymore so he didn't see where he was stepping before it was too late and he tripped and fell on his stomach. Something wet his clothes and he quickly crawled away, stood up and turned to look what was lying on the ground.

It was a body. Harry leaned closer and recognized the blood stained clothes.

It was Marina Chapman.

Without her head.

Harry felt like throwing up. He covered his mouth, took a few steps away and felt his leg hitting something. He knew without watching that it was the woman's head.

Red Machete had been faster than Harry.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." Harry slowly took his hand away from his mouth. His head was spinning and he leaned against a wall, taking deep breaths. What was he supposed to do? Both of the Chapmans were now dead and it was just Harry, Malik and Payne alone in this. Again.

He had let Marina down. He had let everyone down. He felt bad for Marina and he felt angry because once again Grimshaw was two steps further away.

Then Harry realized that he had to move. Red Machete could still be somewhere near. Harry avoided looking at Marina's body as he made his way past it, towards the light. The moment he stepped on the lights he realized that he had blood all over his clothes. Marina's blood.

"Shit", Harry muttered. He wasn't stupid, he knew what it would look like if someone would see him now. Harry closed his jackets zipper but it didn't help that much. "Fucking shit."

Harry didn't have another choice than just try to walk in the shadows as fast as he could. That's exactly what he did and thirty minutes later he finally checked inside a motel and disappeared into his room. He felt bad for not giving police an anonymous hint about Marina's body, but he couldn't do it. As selfish as it was, he had to think about himself and how to stay alive long enough to catch Grimshaw.

He did text Malik, though, telling him about Marina's body and how Red Machete might be getting closer to him. Malik cursed a lot and after arguing for five minutes he finally agreed not to come stay with Harry.

Harry closed his phone and just stared at the wall, frustration growing.

"FUCK", he yelled, throwing his phone in the wall. "FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER ASSHOLE!" He punched the wall, and just yelled, letting all the anger out. He hated Nick Grimshaw. He was the reason all this was happening and Harry hated him. He didn't care who else would hear him, he needed to do it.

When he got all it out he remembered his clothes. They felt heavy on him and the gun was pressing his lower back. Harry exhaled slowly and walked into the bathroom. He flicked on the lights and walked in front of the mirror. He looked awful.

He turned the faucet on, bent down and washed his burning face with ice cold water. It felt amazing against his hot skin. He turned the faucet off, straightened up, wiped his eyes and opened them.

"FUCK", he yelled, turned around and immediately ducked when a machete hit the mirror, making all the glass fell on top of Harry. Harry didn't hesitate when he leaped towards Red Machete, knocking him down with him.

Harry rolled away and jumped up, Red Machete following right behind. They stood a few meters away staring at each other. All Harry was able to see was the man's ice cold eyes, staring right through him. Harry knew he had managed to escape once but wasn't so sure he could repeat that miracle.

Then it was just a blink of an eye and Red Machete was moving. It was crazy how fast the assassin was. Harry barely dodged the sharp blade aimed at his neck but he didn't have time to react to a kick he got on his face. Harry stumbled back and his back hit the wall. He knew his nose was bleeding but he ignored it when Red Machete jumped towards him. Harry jumped aside and the machete sunk into a wall.

Two seconds and that would've been my head, Harry thought and before Red Machete could pull his weapon out of the wall, Harry gave him a good old punch in the face. He knew it must have hurt, he had had his rings on but Red Machete only blinked, narrowing his eyes and pulling the machete from the wall.

"Okay, high pain tolerance", Harry muttered, eyes fixed on the machete. He was ready to jump and ran immediately when his eyes would spot even a slightest movement. He took a few steps back. "Here's an idea; leave."

Red Machete snorted but didn't answer. Harry took another step back, getting closer to his bed.

"In fact, leave London. Leave England." Harry still didn't get an answer. "Okay? Leave. Stop being Grimshaw's bitch."

He realized he had crossed a line when Red Machete's eyes darkened and he attacked. Harry threw himself on the bed and rolled on the other side, barely avoiding Red Machete's sharp weapon which sunk into the bed. Harry stumbled up and was able to run a few meter until Red Machete jumped on him, knocking them both on the floor. Harry kicked him in the stomach and tried to get away but then the machete hit him in his arm. Pain flashed through Harry when he felt blood running down his arm.

He rolled on his back, holding his arm and there Red Machete was, standing next to him. The assassin looked down at him and raised his machete. Harry stared at him in horror, unable to move. When the assassin flung down his machete, Harry realised he had to move. He rolled aside, gripped a standard lamp and flung it towards Red Machete, hitting him hard in the face. Harry stumbled up and pulled his gun out at the same second as Red Machete leaped towards him.

Everything froze when Harry was pressing the gun against Red Machete's forehead and Red Machete held his machete against Harry's throat. Harry was breathing heavily and his arm was bleeding but the hand which was holding the gun was steady. Red Machete seemed to be in much better condition than Harry which wasn't surprising and his hand was definitely not shaking when it pressed the machete harder against Harry's throat.

They were in a stalemate and they both knew it. Now it would be just a matter of time until one of them dares to make the first move. They stared at each other, both daring other one to make the first move. Suddenly Harry realized that Red Machete's scarf had fell and his face was no more hidden.

"Wait a second", Harry gasped, the machete pressing harder his throat. "I know you."