12

"Holy shit." Harry stared at the woman in front of him. "How did you find me? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you did."

The woman looked tired, she had dark circles around her eyes and she half whispered, "Please, help me."

Harry stepped aside.

"Come on in", he said and closed the door after Marina Chapman had walked in. "You managed to escape from Red Machete." After he said that he remembered who hadn't escaped from Red Machete and wanted to say something but he didn't dare to bring up Marina Chapman's dead husband.

Marina Chapman turned around.

"So did you."

"You know about that?"

"Yes."

"Do you know who Red Machete is?"

She shook her head.

"No, but I know about Grimshaw." She raised an eyebrow. "And you do, too."

"Correct."

"I've been watching you and I noticed how you and your co-workers disappeared. It took a while to find you", she said. "We are not safe, Harry."

"I know", he sighed.

"We need proofs. How did you get Red Machete after you?"

"I got proofs. And then I fucked up, lost the proofs against Grimshaw, Roy Jackson and Red Machete", Harry said dryly.

"And they put Red Machete after you."

Harry nodded. "But he's still after you."

"I know", she said. "What exactly happened? How did you get proofs? How did you lost them? Tell quickly, I need to go soon."

So Harry gave a short explanation about his Tuesday night to Marina and by the time he was done, Marina was pacing back and forth in the room, nervously rolling her hair around her finger.

"We need to do something", she muttered. "By taking down Grimshaw we can also take down Plague and Red Machete."

Harry nodded excitedly. "Exactly what I've been thinking! We need a plan."

"We need a good plan", said Marina Chapman. "Red Machete can be anywhere, he moves like a shadow. If we want to take down Grimshaw, we have to be clever, otherwise Red Machete takes us down."

"I know", Harry said. "What do you propose?"

"I need to go", she said, looking around nervously. Harry felt sorry for her. "Meet me tomorrow night."

"Where?"

"Burger King", she replied, "the one on the same street with Bloody Body Club."

"Classy." Harry nodded. "But yeah, deal. Are you sure you don't want to stay?" He didn't dare to suggest shower and shampoo because despite the circumstances, she was still a woman and Harry knew a thing or two about what one should never say to them.

She shook her head. "I can't, I feel better if I just leave."

She walked to the door and before she stepped out, she turned to look at Harry one more time.

"Make sure nobody follows you. He's like a shadow."

Harry nodded with a serious face and then Marina Chapman disappeared behind the door. For a moment Harry simply just stood still, processing everything that had just happened. She had came as suddenly as she had left and Harry felt both impressed and scared.

It was amazing how strong and brave and clever Marina Chapman was but Harry was scared that something might happen to her, she shouldn't go out there alone. Harry didn't want to see deaths in the news anymore, especially the ones he know he could've prevented happening if he would've caught Grimshaw earlier. And the fact that Grimshaw was still a free man made him feel sick.

"I'm gonna catch you", Harry muttered out loud and it gave him more strength. More strength to believe in his own words. More strength to fight back.

Next morning Harry checked the news, scared of what he might find. It must have been his lucky day because there was no new victims. But he knew that there would be if he doesn't do something and fast. He breathed out slowly and called Malik.

"What's up?"

"We need to meet", Harry said. "Something happened last night."

"What happened?" Malik asked. "Are you 'kay?"

"I'm fine, I'll explain everything later. Meet me at Tara's", Harry paused, considering how to say it. "Also... I need something."

"And that'd be?"

Harry bit his lip. He didn't want to use Malik's dark past but he didn't really have a choice. "A gun."

The line was quiet for a good two minutes until Malik said, "Consider it done."

"Thanks, lad", Harry muttered and ended the call.

Fifteen minutes later he walked out of the motel and headed towards Tara's, a small coffee shop near the park. It was their favorite place to go when the office started to suffocate them. It was calm and warm place where the inspiration always kicked in. Although Niall didn't like the place that much because they didn't serve alcohol. Alcohol was Niall's coffee.

Harry had barely sat down when the bell rang and Malik walked in. He nodded and smiled at Tara Jones, the owner of the coffee shop. She smiled warmly back before Malik turned his back and walked over to Harry. He sat down without a word, just waiting for Harry to explain.

"I found Marina Chapman", Harry said quietly, leaning closer to Malik. "Or more like she found me."

Malik's eyes widened slightly. "She is okay?"

"More or less", Harry replied. "I'm meeting her tonight. We'll figure out what to do."

Malik nodded. "Do you want me to come with you?"

"No." Harry shook his head. "But I just wanted to let you know what's happening. I trust you to fill Liam in?" Malik nodded again and Harry sighed deeply. "This is crazy but I think we can sort this out. We have to sort this out."

"For ours and everyone else's safety", Malik agreed. "Speaking of safety... Walk with me?"

They got up and walked out of the coffee shop and Malik lead Harry away from the public eye. They stood in the shadows and Malik pulled a gun behind his back. Harry's eyes glanced around before taking it from Malik and putting it behind his back, inside his jeans and pulled his shirt to cover it.

"Thank you", Harry said. "I owe you big time."

Malik shook his head. "Safety first. You need it more than anyone else."

Harry didn't answer, just gave a small smile to his friend. Malik patted his shoulder.

"What about Horan?"

"What about him?" Harry asked. He had completely forgot their Irish worker.

"Should we tell him now?" Malik asked. "Things have got pretty serious and I think he would like to know what's going on. Also, we don't know if he's in danger too."

Harry understood Malik's worry, after all, Malik was the one who was closest to Horan.

"I hear you", Harry said, "but I doubt he's in danger. I think we should let him enjoy his vacation. No need to drag him into this shit."

It wasn't what Malik wanted to hear, Harry saw that from the way the lad pressed his lips together, but he didn't argue.

"Let me know how it went with Marina Chapman", Malik said, attempting to leave. "Stay safe, please. And get her safe, too."

Harry nodded.

"I promise."