15

The silence was long. With Harry's gun on Red Machete's forehead and Red Machete's machete pressed on Harry's throat it was completely silent after Harry's words. Harry was in a shock, just staring at those ice cold eyes which he now recognized.

Frankly he had forgot the whole Fuerteventura thing years ago and he hadn't even remembered what the guy looked like but those eyes. Now when he saw the whole face, he suddenly recognized the ice cold eyes staring into his soul.

Slowly realization spread on Red Machete's face and Harry watched as his eyes first widened and then narrowed. "We have a problem", he finally said and Harry was surprised to hear him actually speaking.

"You have a problem, I'm fine", Harry said, even though as he spoke the machete on his throat cut his skin lightly. And also the fact that he had had a one night stand with an assassin. With a guy assassin. He couldn't really wrap his head around it but then again, he had bigger problems.

"You sure about that?" Red Machete asked, lightly pressing machete against Harry's throat. "My machete is right here."

Harry put some pressure on the gun on Red Machete's forehead. "And my gun is right here."

The assassin's jaw clenched.

"I can't let you go now that you know who I am."

"As if you were going to let me go in the first place", Harry replied. "Besides, I don't even know your name."

"Still."

There was no way out. They were stuck and Harry assumed that normally Red Machete would make the first move, knowing well he would be the faster one but Harry had a gun and apparently even assassins had to think twice when they had a gun aimed at their forehead.

"Well", Harry said, refusing to show how nervous he was. "I have question while we're at it-- five years ago, why did you come to talk to me in the first place?"

"You looked fuckable", Red Machete stated with straight face. "Speaking of which, did you sort out your sexual identity crisis?"

Harry leaned closer, pressing the gun harder on Red Machete's head. "I'm not afraid to use this", he hissed warningly.

"Never thought you are, why do you think you still have your head?"

Harry glared at Red Machete for a moment before saying, "I'm not the same kid anymore so here's the deal. You tell me everything about Grimshaw's business or I blow out your brains."

"Remember when I fucked your brains out?"

Harry tilted his head.

"Don't. Test me", he warned. "Start speaking."

"Or", Red Machete said, slowly sliding the machete a few inches, it scratching Harry's throat, "I could just take my changes and kill you."

Even if that made Harry's heart beat faster and fear filled him, he refused to back away now.

"Tell me, what is it that Grimshaw uses to blackmail you?" he asked bluntly.

Red Machete didn't show any emotions, no signs that the question had any kind of effect on him.

"What makes you think he blackmails me? I'm just doing my job here."

"Poorly, may I add", Harry said. "And I'm not stupid. I know he blackmails you. I saw you with Grimshaw and Jackson, remember? And I'm an investigate journalist, did you think I wouldn't figure it out?"

It took almost two minutes before Red Machete answered.

"He knows my real name."

Harry frowned, partly because he was surprised that Red Machete had replied and partly because how exactly knowing Red Machete's real name could be used in a blackmail? He was well trained and Harry had no doubt that the assassin would be able to avoid getting caught even if he's name goes to public.