17

"I'm going to kill you at some point, you know", Red Machete said as soon as Harry stumbled into the motel room. He was panting slightly when he approached the assassin and took a firm grip on his collar.

"That won't help you", Harry snarled to the assassin's face. "Grimshaw knows I'm still alive. I just saw him and he saw me. And he's not pleased with you for failing to kill me." Red Machete narrowed his eyes and Harry shook him a little bit, tightening his grip and pushing him against the wall. "You start speaking right now or I will—"

"What? Huh?" Red Machete raised an eyebrow. "Kill me?"

Harry glared at the man and then let go of him, taking several steps back. "You know", he said, pointing at the assassin, "you know that he will do something bad. You've failed to kill me, twice! What do you think is going through his head now? The guy who he ordered you to kill just walked into him. You're nowhere to see. Huh? You know what he's thinking? He's thinking that you fleed away so he's going to kill your family and then come after me and God knows what else!"

He's heart was beating fast. Harry let out a frustrated groan as he pulled his hair and walked aimlessly around the room. He didn't know what to do, everything was falling apart. Red Machete said nothing, he just sat back down, deadpanned, his arms in a position that couldn't be in any way comfortable but Harry wasn't going to change the position of the handcuffs, especially when the assassin wasn't knocked out.

A loud ringing broke the silence. Harry took out his phone and answered, "Malik."

"You might want to open the TV", said Malik, the tone of his voice making Harry look for the remote immediately. "Are you... with him?"

Harry's eyes glanced at Red Machete quickly before going back to search the remote. "Yes." Finally he found it. "Hang on", he said to Malik and turned the TV on.

"—has been revealed. The man behind all the murders has been identified as a man named Louis Tomlinson—"

Harry spun around, the reporter's voice fading when he stared at the assassin whose eyes were narrowed and mouth pressed in a thin line.

"Harry? You there?" Malik's voice said from the phone.

"Yeah", Harry breathed out, turning his head back to TV just in time to see a picture of Red Machete's face, "I'm here. How did they got it in news so quickly?"

"He's a murderer", Malik stated. "But how did they suddenly find out his identity?"

"Grimshaw." Harry turned off the TV. "I walked into him today. After leaving Tara's. He knows Red Machete—"

"Louis Tomlinson", Malik corrected.

"—didn't kill me. And since he's locked up here, Grimshaw thinks he ran away." Harry sighed. "I guess this is just a start."

"What do you mean?" Malik asked.

"He exposed Red— Tomlinson. If he's as twisted as I think then he will probably attack his family since he doesn't need them anymore for blackmailing. And he probably will hire someone to finish killing me."

Malik was silent for a moment. "So what do we do?"

Harry stood in front of the assassin, staring him in the eyes. "Call Irwin and Hemmings."

"Why?"

"They need to track down Tomlinson's family", Harry said, watching how the assassin raised an eyebrow. "They're innocent. We have to make sure that nothing happens to them."

"Alright. What about Grimshaw? And everything else?"

"I don't know. Call me when they've located the family." Harry ende the call and put the phone inside his pocket. He kneeled down, staring at the assassin. "Where's your family? If you tell me, we might get them safe before it's too late."